Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Jun 16, 2004, 8:14 AM   #1

Hi,
I do hope somebody can help me. I have a fuji S7000 digital camera, and am going to buy a scope for birdwatching soon. Before I take the plunge can somebody suggest where I can buy an adapter for a scope, and what scope should/can I buy. Any advice would be grateful - as this is a completly new area. If anybody has any links to site where I can buy exactly what I need - Great. Thanks

UB
uffarbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2004, 1:34 PM   #2

I don't want to sound too pessimistic, but I have serious reservations that you will get any satisfaction from the S7000 for use with a telescope. There are numerous reasons (I have the S7000) but it revolves around the large zoom and large lens which doesn't lend itself well to digiscoping.

My suggestion would be to use the great S7000Z for what it does best and purchase a little used CP4500 or even a CP990 Nikon for use with your telescope rather than spend money which will likely be wasted trying to make an excellent camera work in an environment it's ill suited for.

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote