Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Jun 19, 2002, 1:08 AM   #1

Default Nikon moon tonight....

[Edited on 6-19-2002 by Lin Evans]

[Edited on 8-22-2002 by Lin Evans]

Last edited by Lin Evans; Feb 1, 2015 at 4:53 PM.
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2002, 8:01 PM   #2

Default beautiful picture

Great shot Lin!

The texture and vivid color stands out remarkabley. What kind of post shot editing do you use with a lunar photo?

Thanks for sharing your great pictures.

Jason
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2002, 9:13 PM   #3

Default Hi Jason,

Not too much on this particular one - it was shot with a Nikon CP990 through my Swarovski ST80-HD and William Optics DCL-28 24mm eyepiece at about 1900mm focal length.

I used ultra sharpen pro (PhotoShop plugin) which sharpens detail selectively without sharpening areas devoid of detail, and adjusted levels in PhotoShop.

This was really just a fun shot - not intended to be representative of the "possible". For a really good shot I would use my Meade ETX-90 with the same eyepiece (longer native focal length) or use the Swarovski's own 20-60x eyepiece to get a good bit closer. I would shoot at least 8 or 10 images, run them through ImagesPlus which actually combines the images and in doing so greatly enhances the quality and improves the signal to noise ratio.

Images done with that process can be really special - much, much better than this. If you are serious about astro-photography with a non-specialized CCD camera (such as this or any of the consumer/prosumer/pro digicams not made specifically for astro-photography) you owe it to yourself to get and use ImagesPlus - here's a link to have a look...

Best regards,

Lin

http://www.mlunsold.com
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote