Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Feb 8, 2005, 4:16 PM   #1

Don't know if this is the best place to post this, but here it goes.

I've read many posts on the Web were people say that using a telescope with a DSLR, you'll lose metering and there's no way around it, this is not exactly true, take a lool at this link:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=12140933

It's very simple to do just grab an old lens that you don't use anymore, remove the glass elements and place a 1.25" tube on it. I've done two adapters and metering worked perfectly with both.
Hope this is of some help to anyone.

Regards
Fernando
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2005, 7:02 PM   #2
DBB

Interesting post!

However, for example I use a Swarovsky and I use the optional camera adapters that they sell. This gives a soliditiy to my set-up that would be lacking in the shown examples.

Just for information - The new Nikon D2x will allow you to manually set the F-stop and the metering will then work on not only my scope, but any of the older Nikon lenses.

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 3:07 AM   #3

DBB wrote:
Quote:
Interesting post!

However, for example I use a Swarovsky and I use the optional camera adapters that they sell. This gives a soliditiy to my set-up that would be lacking in the shown examples.

Just for information - The new Nikon D2x will allow you to manually set the F-stop and the metering will then work on not only my scope, but any of the older Nikon lenses.

Dave
Well I can understand that your Swarovsky setup works better and if using Nikon fieldscopes one can also use a similar setup to yours, but to anyone that already owns a good astroscope, this is just a way to be able to use metering with it, and get a very decent telephoto lens.
Of course if I had a Swarovsky I probably wouldn't mind doing this I'd just bought the adapter and shoot away.

Regards,
Fernando
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote