Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Dec 19, 2002, 3:57 PM   #1

Default Digiscoping with Photoshop

Just added a new page to my website that covers improving your digiscoped images with Photoshop.... very, very basic stuff and absolutely no layers to be seen.
Digiscoping and Photoshop

Andy B,
London
Andybrightuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2002, 11:30 PM   #2

Default Excellent "tips and techniques" from Andy!

Hi Andy,
Beautiful and clearly written with perfect examples depicting the improvements made with basic PhotoShop fixes for problems typically encountered when digiscoping.

Thanks very much for this contribution - we definitely need a way to show those who are new to either digiscoping or PhotoShop just how much improvement can be made with a few minutes of carefully following the lead of someone who has "been there and done that" !!

Hope the holidays go well and everything is cheery on your side of the pond - Best wishes for the coming year.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2002, 1:28 PM   #3

Thanks Lin, doing basic work in photoshop is always a popular theme of questions I get asked.... hopefully it will save some lengthy e-mails for me!
I'm doing an article in Birdwatch mag over here on Digiscoping & Photoshop so I can direct my reader(s) to the webpage, maybe it will make things clearer than a page or two in a mag, especially as photo space is limited in the articles.
Had to keep to the very basics (but beyond 'auto levels'), birders are jumping into digiscoping without any previous digital photography (or even film camera) experience.
Already in the Xmas spirit... so watch out for typos :lol: Need some serious birding in the new year to burn off all the excesses, sitting in front of the tv like a beached whale watching the Great Escape is as much as I'll do this week
Have a gr8 Xmas and good new year, Lin
Regards,
Andy
Old Dec 28, 2002, 8:52 AM   #4

Andy,
Thanks for writing this stuff up. I am sure I'll find it very helpful as I learn my way around photoshop. When faced with a program as complex as photoshop, it's always difficult to know where to start and what will be useful to me and what features to ignore. This writeup gives me some great ideas to work with.

Eric

ps. What is that raptor used in the hue/saturation example? Is that a sparrow hawk?
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2002, 1:39 PM   #5

Thanks Eric, the more you play around in Photoshop the better and it's amazing how much becomes second nature in a relatively short time...... though a book on the basics of Photoshop is always handy (no shortage of them on Amazon!).
Yes, the photo is of a Eurasian Sparrowhawk... taken a long time ago with my old Kowa TSN4 (I think). The other raptor is an American Kestrel, kindly donated by Jane Zatta (Kowa tsn821).
Regards,
Andy