Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Jul 31, 2005, 3:18 PM   #1

Currently i have a minolta dimage z1....that i really like....i purchased a 52mm merkury optics 2x telephoto lens on ebay...the lense fits really nice and makes the camera look alot more balanced....but the quality of the pics is really better without the lens just using the digital zoom.....im really wanting to zoom out far like the papparazzi guys....the z1 lens says its 38-380mm....im looking at the digital rebel xt and cant really find a lense for it thats much better.....is there one out there can someone point me in the right direction...i found this lense on ebay but im scared 2 waist 300 dollars on another ebay lense....check it out an let me know what you guys think........should i get the rebel and this lense or can i get another lense like the eagle eye optic zoom 5x....or the kenko 8x32 and keep my z1....any information would be greatly appreciated......heres the link for the lens on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/1300-2600mm-Tele...QQcmdZViewItem
candiddubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2005, 7:02 PM   #2
DBB

From a personal standpoint, your post is kind of funny.

I noticed this lens a few months ago ans started a topic to enquire if anyone had ever used it. No one had.

My own feeelings and that of other posters, is that "you get what you pay for."

Which is not to say that one has to always buy the most expensive to get good results. But essentially this is not really a "lens." It is a zoom telescope, using a special T-mount that all telescopes use.

A decent spotting telescope, suitable for carrying around will set you back around $500 and up, depending on the type. Mirror, glass, ect,ect.

But what the heck, you're the answer to my prayer. If YOU find that it's good, I will be the next to buy. In the meantime until I can find a review (and I couldn't), I'm not going to risk hard earned cash!

dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote