Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Nov 18, 2006, 4:17 AM   #1

I know its not real good with the cropping etc of the individual pics but I thought Id have a go at digi manipulation. Any critisism /comments will be appreciated as I am a very novice cam shooter :|

Last edited by jewel45; Aug 15, 2009 at 8:48 AM.
jewel45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2006, 12:38 PM   #2

Jewel. Nice idea, but needs some work.

First, the lighting is too different in the various shots. Too much highlighting on the main figure, while a couple others are too obviously underlit.

Also, I'd put the two upside-down gals balanced nearer the bottom of the frame and not on the girl's legs.

Finally, I think there's one too many pictures. Maybe eliminate the one in the middle (upside down).

Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 4:23 PM   #3

Thanks Walter for the tips. I am very much a novice and this was my first attempt. I will when I have the time try it again including your suggestions. Once again thanks for the advice.
Julie :bye:
Old Nov 25, 2006, 5:23 AM   #4

Hi Jewel

I too like the idea and think it would be interesting to so some more with different arrangements and numbers of figures.

I was impressed with the way you added a frame to the picture and went beyond it. I must remember that as a possiblity in my own pictures. I also liked the great timeing of the pictures ... you did not take them a moment too soon or too late. Itake pictures of ballroom dancers and catching the 'peak' of the moment is one of the skills I am trying to improve.

Another thing I wold like to see would be some 'solos'
These are IMO also strong pictures of some of the individuals and the girl standing on the left, the one in the centre holding her leg high above her head and the one doing the splits at the bottom of the picture would make great portraits.

Best wishes

Glyn

Glyn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:59 PM   #5

Hi, Jewel:

I really loved seeing more pictures from you. Your daughters are lovely and obviously very talented models; all I can get my sons to do anymore is make ugly faces in the vain hope that will break my camera once and for all! LOL

Anyway, you have many fine individual images here but put all together, they are rather distracting. In this instance I believe less is more. Not in the quantity of the figures, neccessarily, but in color, consistent lighting (as Walter mentioned), and a more narrowly defined theme. There's just too much for the eye to follow. My two cents? I would love to see a similar composite but with the models all in the same attire. (The simple black leotard would work well.) This would make it "easier on the eye" by taking the emphasis off the distracting variations and place it more on what the dancers have in common - form and expression.

Just my two cents; I loved the composite regardless and am very impressed with your budding skills. You truly have a gift and your passion shows more and more with each post. Ria
RiaRia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 2:57 PM   #6

Thanks Walter, Glyn and Ria
As in my previous post this pic was an experiment and your comments are much appreciated its almost like my brain is a sponge and Im absorbing info all the time. I will certainly have a play with individual shots and present them with a strong impact on their own :? (hopefully).
Thanks again
Julie:lol: