Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Dec 5, 2006, 9:48 PM   #1

Following on from my nightshot in the architecture forum of the new ASDA Supermarket in Hounslow UK, here is a view of the interior of this 'museum of food'.

Glyn

Glyn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:06 PM   #2

Howdy, Glyn:

I love the perspective of looking out over the shopping cart. Adds to the reality, puts the viewer right inside the scene. Very original!

How did you do the line conversion, if I may ask? Cheers! Ria
RiaRia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:36 PM   #3

Ria .. I have YOU to thank for the conversion method ....

I duplicated background layer .... worked with brightness/contrast .
BUT .. and here is what made the difference, I moved the blending opton away from normal and chose 'Luminosity' like you were explaining.

Suddenly I was able to adjust without making ugly colour-patches all over the place.

I pushed the contrast all the way up ... and then pulled the brightness down ... checking all the time to get enough details so there would be some crisp textures, but now so low as to begin to add murky dark areas.

My intention was to get this to be a coordination of lines .. so's to unify the structure of the shopping cart with the environment.

I was most intrested that some primary colour patches survived .. eg some of the packaging in the food in the trolley, and some of the red signs. Also the green ASDA baskets. The colour bits were added extras ... I simply breathed a sigh of appreciation when they appeared in the mix.

Glyn
Glyn2 is offline   Reply With Quote