Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:11 AM   #1

So, I work for a local record label, doing office management, graphic design, and whatever. We were putting out a CD called Miami Soul Sisters, and we needed something for the cover that conveyed that feeling. I just happened to have taken a nighttime street photograph during our monthly artwalk that I thought would work. We put the whole thing together and everyone was quite pleased. See what you think:

Oh, all the labels down the sides were those that the singles from these artists were originally released on. I think they make the design too busy, but the bosses thought it was important that they be there, so I did the best I could.

The photo was taken with a Sony DSC-H5, handheld, no flash
coachjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:14 PM   #2

from my design point o view its too cluttered, wasnt sure what it was about and what to read first

front covers are normaly plain and info like that on the rear, thats so front cover catches your eye and thats the most important thing

the background image is almost totaly obscured too, i can tell its some road but thats all

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:31 PM   #3

Too cluttered for sure.
cock3tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 9:58 AM   #4

Thank you! That's what I said. But, oh well, gotta satisfy the bosses, you know. I'll try to dig up the original photograph. Funny thing is, it's actually been a pretty good seller.
coachjames is offline   Reply With Quote