Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:01 AM   #11

Oh, I did not know it was a plug in now. When I do it, I do it from scratch. Do you have PSCS4? I have PSCS3 and I did not know OOB was there.
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2009, 7:02 PM   #12

Yes, it works with v. 3. Get it on the Adobe forum
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:24 AM   #13

First time I am visiting this forum, and the first pics I saw was yours. The first one is very impressive. With such techniques, photography is going to be more creative.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:11 AM   #14

Ok Walter, here is my first OOB.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 1:06 AM   #15

May not be as neat as Walter's first image, but I tried to execute the same idea with GIMP. Very ameteurish, but still I think I have made a beginning. How do you like this?
Attached Images

Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:54 PM   #16

Bynx, your's is an interesting effort. However, the trolly looks superimposed on the background shot, partly due to clarity, no electrical line, no driver. Not sure I like the angle of the interior frame. Otherwise, well done.

Raghu, that's the idea. However, I think your inner frame is too short and the background gradiant doesn't work well for me. I'd raise the internal frame so that only the heads of the animals extend, and choose a solid background color, maybe dark?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 3:19 PM   #17

Walter, it seems there are different takes on OOB. Yours is very straight on with no perpective look to it. Is this your idea or from the information you have seen on OOBs? So far Ive only seen the perspective frames and thats what I went with. The photo I started with is rather odd in that it started out as a metal Corgi streetcar model that was suspended in front on my computer screen with fishing line and the photo background dislayed on the screen. The street car was positioned to look like it was part of the picture. Taking that picture I did a perspective frame and pop out bringing things back the way they were to start with. There is so much potential to give some great looks to an otherwise plain photo. Here is what I started with. The following pic of the turtle is not mine but a sample from a tutorial. I know the missing power lines bother me too. But this is a Toronto streetcar and the pic is a painting of a street in San Francisco. Drivers have pitstops (stores they get drinks and bathroom use) on their route. Its not uncommon to see a streetcar like this stopped while the driver goes in when nature calls. I could have put one in, but I had enough to deal with getting the pic I did. Maybe something for the future to work on.

Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:35 PM   #18

Bynx, I remember seeing your streetcar/trolly shot. Very clever. And, I love the tortoise OOB shot. Well done!
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:36 PM   #19

Here's one more. I'm standing between two classic automobiles -- part of a private collection belonging to a friend.

Attached Images

Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:21 AM   #20

Im glad I saw this thread again Walter. The meds Im taking are affecting my memory very badly I see. One thing about loss of memory is you dont know it until reminded of it by something. In this case your OOB. I remember now it was you that introduced me to OOB with your first post here. Since then Ive introduced others to it. I guess we all thank you. Everyone is enjoying the effect.