Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:00 PM   #1

Default Took a picture and change it to this

I do other hobbies as well spinning of fibers and weaving. It was coming up Easter and I shot a basket of my fibers and Easter Eggs after my two boys had their fun dyeing the eggs. These are the before and after shots.. Enjoy them and my creativeness. What I plan to do with it is produce a post card stock for Easter of course....
Attached Images

SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:55 PM   #2

I like the original, The others don't do much for me.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fossil View Post
I like the original, The others don't do much for me.
Tell me what the first one does for you Flying Fossil take it deep lay out so I can follow what you are saying by the "I like the first one and the others don't do much for me" response?!
I worked hard to spin those fibers, Dye them the colors then arranged them in the basket then took a picture and worked it around different colors to form the bottom card. I want more out of an input than what it does for some one.....

Last edited by SharpShotGal; Oct 20, 2009 at 11:22 PM.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:34 AM   #4

The original is cool..

The other reminds me of my hippy days...
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
Tell me what the first one does for you Flying Fossil take it deep lay out so I can follow what you are saying by the "I like the first one and the others don't do much for me" response?!
I worked hard to spin those fibers, Dye them the colors then arranged them in the basket then took a picture and worked it around different colors to form the bottom card. I want more out of an input than what it does for some one.....
Just because you work hard doesn't mean everyone will appreciate your effort.
The original (first) is a nice layout. The modified colors ruined it.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fossil View Post
Just because you work hard doesn't mean everyone will appreciate your effort.
The original (first) is a nice layout. The modified colors ruined it.
I agree on both fronts. While the original is a bit flat in color the modified image is too over-the-top for me and I didn't much care for it. I think the original image with a bit more saturation would work well.

But, the other point is worth while feedback as well. If you're going to post in a photography forum and, hopefully, accept feedback you shouldn't be too defensive when you get negative feedback. Telling everyone how hard you worked doesn't change the opinion of the final product. That's the difference between friends who are impressed by the time/effort and other photographers that look at the final product and judge it for what it is.

This isn't to say you shouldn't try new things - but be prepared when other photographers look at it with a more critical eye than friends would.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 5:59 PM   #7

Your work is beautiful! I envy your spinning talents. The eggs are adorable! I used to do Ukrainian Easter eggs so I do love to see eggs decorated!
I, like the others, really appreciate the original image as it shows off all your hard works put into your crafts. When you work the image as you have, it sort of takes away from what your crafts really look like when finished. I do suggest though that you might just want to add a frame to the original image if you want to make up post cards or greeting cards. Heck, it would even look good if you didn't add a frame to it...that's what's nice about it is we have many choices with which to present our arts.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:48 PM   #8

My wife spins, and knits, and weaves, so I have an appreciation of the work that goes into it. Very nice work. John G's comment about a little more saturation in the original seems about right to me. That would make it look more vibrant.(as a photographic image) As it is, though, I think the colors are more true to life, and represent what is actually there.
The edits are interesting, and the card is excellent.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote