Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Oct 25, 2009, 7:15 AM   #1

Default Cameron Lake Sketch

Went to Waterton National Park to get some fall colour, and instead, ran into the first snowstorm of the season. Shot this scene (a stitched panorama), but it was bleak and boring. So I tried a "day for night" technique, like they used to use in the movies. Then I got carried away, and added a sketch effect.
Attached Images

neilcrichton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:43 AM   #2

You know how someone is always nit picking? Well its me this time. Id like to see the same shot but before everyone trampled the snow down. First one out gets the best shot. But nice composition. The effect youve done is ok for me but Im not thrilled with it. It certainly feels cold and bleak with so much blue.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
You know how someone is always nit picking? Well its me this time. Id like to see the same shot but before everyone trampled the snow down. First one out gets the best shot. But nice composition. The effect youve done is ok for me but Im not thrilled with it. It certainly feels cold and bleak with so much blue.
You're right on about the footprints. So here it is five minutes before everyone trampled down the snow. Also noticed that the sketch effect doesn't work on this small image, so I redid it without. (The original is 16 x 40".)
Attached Images

neilcrichton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:35 PM   #4

I like your pp here much more. I just toned down the footprints and lightened the snow in the foreground.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote