Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:13 PM   #11

Wow, thanks for the info... I will have to pick your brain this DPHDR later... after I get my camera. I like to normally take photos, but I also have a really liking to "pen and ink" sketches, I love the old fashion photographs of the 1800's, I like it when everything looks authentic and very real to era... There is number of things I like. One thing for sure, I like the photos you keep sharing... and it driving me crazy having to wait til March or April til I get my camera. Happy shooting, Walter... thanks for getting back to me.

Har det så bra.

Ned
Jyväskylä, Finland
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:19 PM   #12

No problem, Ned - what camera are you waiting for such a long time for?

I know how it feels, when I orderd my new Panasonic P&S FZ-28 little over a year ago, I had to wait 8 weeks - it was driving me bonkers. But it was worth the wait and I really enjoyed that camera after that. It became my third 'eye' and soulmate.

Good luck with your new 'baby'!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2010, 1:39 PM   #13

Walter, I am serious thinking of purchasing the Pentax K-7... just looking for the best price and lense combo. My, you wrote about the FZ-28... are your pictures taken with that??? Anyway, I am suppose to get a nice tax return... one I didn't expect, and plus I have been saving up for a camera. Right now I have an 7 or 8 year old Pentax MZ-5n film camera... I use my Nokia 95 camera which takes BETTER pictures.

You have some lovely country there in Norway. I have a good friend I need visit one of these days in Knapstad.

I hope you are putting together a portfolio... or doing some printing and mounting of some of your work... I for one really enjoy what you have been sharing.

Do take care and all the best.

Ned
Jyväskylä, Finland
Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:20 PM   #14

The Pentax K-7 is a very capable camera, actually one of my future dream-cameras (when I outgrow the one I have now) besides the Nikon D90 (...and I am only speaking of affordable cameras now!) because it has very good Bracket-settings, which are essential to good HDR-pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
...My, you wrote about the FZ-28... are your pictures taken with that???

About my FZ-28 - No! These shots are all taken with the FZ-28's big uncle - The Panasonic Lumix G1, a micro4/3rds format-camera. It is a socalled EVIL - which is essentilally a dSLR without the mirror.

Good luck, Ned!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
About my FZ-28 - No! These shots are all taken with the FZ-28's big uncle - The Panasonic Lumix G1, a micro4/3rds format-camera. It is a socalled EVIL - which is essentilally a dSLR without the mirror.

Walt, got to http://www.trustedreviews.com/digita...umix-DMC-G1/p8

These photos were taken with the Panasonic Lumix G1 as you have... I used to live about 15 miles away from this place (Dartmoor) in the city of Plymouth. I really remember the ponies... and walking around Dartmoor. You have a great camera!

Ned