Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Feb 24, 2010, 3:35 PM   #1

Default Borgward, anyone?

I know some of you are Volvo and Saab fans, but what about the Borgward Isabella. There's a fellow here in Huntington Beach that has a nice collection that he brings to the local donut shop car show on Saturdays.
Attached Images

Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:25 PM   #2

I just saw a Borgward Isabella ...first in an awful long time.... last summer.

An older German fellow used to sell and service them in my city, back in the '60's. Car lines he handled were the Borgward and DKW, both German makes of course.

Motorcycle line he handled were Jawa and CZ...two excellent Czechoslovakian makes. I rode and had both Jawa and CZ motorcycles back then, along with Yamaha and later a big British twin...a Matchless 750cc twin.

Picture is great..reminds me of the posters European motorcycle and car manufacturers used to have in their showrooms back in the '60's. I spent a lot of time in these Euro shops.

Last edited by lesmore49; Feb 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 6:31 AM   #3

Default Ohhh - Memory Lane!!

Thruly magnificent pictures (as usual from you, Walter) and very memorable for me. I never had one myself or drove one for that matter, but I remember when I was a young boy (living in Autria then), we spoke of Borgward Isabella with great affect and admiration, as it was THE car, then in the mid or late 50's. We all said: "When I grow up I will have one of those.." to each other.

When I bought my first car, some 15 years later, the brand 'Borgward' didn't exist anymore.... (and my first used car was a Saab 93 with a 2-stroke 38-Hp engine and 3 gears) .. I can still smell the 2-stroke fumes.

That's life.

Thank you for posting this great montage, Walter!

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote