Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2morrow View Post
... but never got anything remotely like what you got.
2) there is a horizontal line going from the roof of the tractor to the the left in the second picture. Where did that come from?

Great look to both pictures.
First let me thank you for your kind words about the pic's!

About question 2: I don't know where this line comes from. There is actually one vertical line there also. They are not on the original. Must be something from the transition...

About question 1:
First of all. It won't be visible if you do this to a big picture, like let's say 3000pix X 2000pix, because by the time you scale it down to upload-size (max. 1024 on the long side) the changes are so minute, they are just not visible. So, resize first (I recommend 800pix for the longest side) and apply then.
Application: Filter:-> Stylize:-> Diffuse. Then cross off "Anisotropic" which is the last choice of the 4 choices given. See below here:
--->
Attached Images

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:00 PM   #12

I think the weeds are a nice touch. They dont obscure the massive derelict tractor. They help with the story of an abandoned tractor left alone while the growth of vegetation and life continues around it eventually covering it over.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 5:29 PM   #13

After playing with it some more I was 90% sure you used anisotropic but I don't think I would have figured out the picture size would have made a difference. Thanks again!
2morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 5:47 PM   #14

Picture size makes a big difference. If you do that alteration at high res it isnt as noticeable as when done at low res.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote