Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Nov 10, 2010, 2:02 PM   #11

Whaaay, Cheeers Brian, Much appreciated.
I got some welding rods, Drain pipe and some Ford wheels, I could give you a hand. You can drive though
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:30 AM   #12

I agree with Brian about the fix, nothing that a good turret, body, roadwheels, track, body, chassy, electronics and engine could not fix. (you might want to add a couple mortar launchers and a 50 cal. just for luck). You can pick that stuff up from China for about a million and a half english pounds or so... LOL
Frank
hkmp50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 3:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkmp50 View Post
I agree with Brian about the fix, nothing that a good turret, body, roadwheels, track, body, chassy, electronics and engine could not fix. (you might want to add a couple mortar launchers and a 50 cal. just for luck). You can pick that stuff up from China for about a million and a half english pounds or so... LOL
Frank
Ha ha ha ha ha, Cheers Frank,
I reckon the museum would have to win the lottery to fix her up, unfortunatly. Talking of China. I took my broken back axle to a scrap yard today and got gbp 27 for 140 kilos of cast iron. I only paid GBP 52 for a good one on e bay. All the metal was being loaded onto a ship set for China, apparently they cant get enough of it.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Nov 18, 2010, 9:16 PM   #14

Hey condor, love the original, especially with your style of PP and I love dinking around with photoshop, another one of my hobbies. Hope you don't mind I gave it a go.
Attached Images

hoffam19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:45 PM   #15

Hoffman, Thats pretty cool! Looks like you got her running already. Cancel your loan Mark don't think you will need it after all! LOL Hey do you think China is going to buy up all the scrap metal on the planet and use it for some sinister purpose???
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:20 AM   #16

wasn't it Nostradamus that predicted a yellow peril sweeping the earth lol

Love the tank but it sure does look crude up against a Tiger .Is there still a lot of WWll hardware lying around ? fantastic photo opportunity, I just love abandoned mechanical stuff being reclaimed by nature
Earleybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2010, 5:16 PM   #17

Hi Hoff,
No Problemo, Like what you did. Don't know how you did the flames but I like the look and the smoke.

Hi Frank, I've canceled the loan, pheeew.
"Hey do you think China is going to buy up all the scrap metal on the planet and use it for some sinister purpose???"
I reckon that could be the plan, I always thought it would be Taiwan. They wanted my tin foil hat but I wouldn't sell it. I know I look strange with the hat but no one can read my mind now. Apart from my Wife of cource who always knows what I,m thinking

Hi Earlybird,
I google searched the tank at roscoff and apparently there are lots lying around in France. There is a lot of metal around the D Day landing beaches, it's very interesting. I hope to go there in the next few years and get some pics.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:32 PM   #18

Mark wrote "They wanted my tin foil hat but I wouldn't sell it. I know I look strange with the hat but no one can read my mind now. Apart from my Wife of cource who always knows what I,m thinking"

It's odd how women can read our minds, but we cannot read theirs LOL.

I saw on the internet the other day an advertisemsnt for a stainless steel-mesh wallet to protect your credit cards from being scanned.

Nice tank shot, the smoke makes it appear to either be burning or having just fired the gun. I think I prefer the first, I like the PP you have done on it.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:36 PM   #19

"It's odd how women can read our minds, but we cannot read theirs LOL."
ha ha ha ha ha.

"I saw on the internet the other day an advertisemsnt for a stainless steel-mesh wallet to protect your credit cards from being scanned."
Thanks Robert for the heads up on that. I already got one, I keep it safe in my Mylar lined trousers.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000