Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old May 3, 2011, 10:23 PM   #1

Default 2,500 year old conspiracy theory

From the Old Testament. C&C please.
Attached Images

Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2011, 2:47 AM   #2

Not being at all religious, I can't see enough text to make sense of it - it may as well be random words. There's therefore no logical connection for me between the text and the images. I guess if someone recognises the passage and can fill in the gaps it might make more sense to them.

The different angles jar a bit - looking up at the statues but down on the snake.

It might work better if you can find a single word or phrase to highlight ('conspiracy' might be a good choice given the title, and then centre that word in the frame with the focus dropping off around it, just to emphasise what it's about.
MartinSykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2011, 6:32 AM   #3

Wild looking, but I like it. Looks like something from "Pilgrims Progress". I am wondering about the imagry of the people: are they representing mankind in general? I also agree with Martin about the text, it would have more impact to me if I could make out the actual text, i.e. a familiar passage. The snake brings this example to mind: "Did God actually say, 'You shall not eat..."

Last edited by jdnan; May 4, 2011 at 7:00 AM.
jdnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2011, 8:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSykes View Post
It might work better if you can find a single word or phrase to highlight ('conspiracy' might be a good choice given the title, and then centre that word in the frame with the focus dropping off around it, just to emphasise what it's about.
If you look closely you can see enough of the text "That all of you have conspired against me" to get the gist of the passage, along with "sorry for me".

BTW, its a lizard, not a snake.
Old May 4, 2011, 10:26 AM   #5

For anyone interested, the text is from I Samuel 22:8, where King Saul is saying: "That all of you have conspired against me, and [there is] none that sheweth me that my son hath made a league with the son of Jesse, and [there is] none of you that is sorry for me, or sheweth unto me that my son hath stirred up my servant against me, to lie in wait, as at this day?"

Also, the submission is a collage of 5 different photographs I have taken ranging from my back yard (lizard) to halfway 'round the world in Croatia (reliefs on an ancient church wall)It's my first attempt at doing this type of thing and I was just randomingly going through my photo files to see what might match up for the mood I was trying to convey.
Old May 7, 2011, 5:48 PM   #6

It definately fits the digital art catagory there Walter. I can't really follow the mood, even with the explanation, but I am not sure what could be presented to go with a theme like this one to start with. So all in all your selection is as good as any, I must say nice try for your first attempt.
Old May 8, 2011, 10:10 AM   #7

hkmp50, I felt, from the quote, that he was quite paranoid and I wanted to try and capture that type of mood/expression.