Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Jan 23, 2004, 7:06 PM   #1

Default It's John L's fault

You've inspired me John. You obviously have so much fun playing in Photoshop, that I caught the bug. This one's called "Watching Springtime." I should have given it a digital frame, but I got too excited about having been arty, and I forgot and uploaded it naked.

bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2004, 8:53 PM   #2

"B". you have that gentle, subtle touch that I wish I could incorporate more often in my manipulations :P
My male hands just go crazy with the sliders & I end up with major saturation & contrast :!:
This is simply lovely :!: :P 8)
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2004, 4:10 AM   #3

:shock: So very, very lovely! This rendition gives such a soothing, calming effect to the viewer (me).

If I could just wedge myself between the window sill and the cat for a warm cuddle under the soft, radiant, sunlit glow. Ah, a perfect moment in time.

This would be great to print on paper other than glossy, matte, frame and hang in near a reading corner.

A perfect, pleasant image Barbara!
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2004, 7:02 AM   #4

Quote:
go crazy with the sliders
Thanks for the compliment, John, but don't forget that it's all the great work you do that inspired me. The only thing that rescued me from my own slider frenzy was CS's ability to discard what I never should have done and also its forgiving nature in allowing me to revisit the stuff that was basically a good idea. Anyway, a kitty dreaming out a window requires softness; wildcats in the weeds don't.

Quote:
If I could just wedge myself between the window sill and the cat for a warm cuddle under the soft, radiant, sunlit glow. Ah, a perfect moment in time.
Informativetoo, I agree completely. And it was definitely a perfect moment: the cat had finally stopped attacking my foot, it was early afternoon when all felines take a siesta, the air was soft and warm, and--the perfect part--my camera was with me. Sometimes life hands us such moments.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 7:42 AM   #5

A female touch !

I wonder if I could ever come to a soft-moody shot like that !

Great !
brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 9:08 AM   #6

Very nice Barbara. The nice thing about playing around with Photoshop and getting creative is that we all have differing views on what we see. John's going crazy with the sliders is his expression of how he sees it and it turns out great.

Perhaps we should enjoy a project whereby we all take the same original jpg/TIF file and then each of us allow our creative juices to flow and upload a web-ready rendition. I'm sure we would get some wonderful but varied works from the simple B&W to the ultra radical explosion of color and contrast.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 2:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Perhaps we should enjoy a project whereby we all take the same original jpg/TIF file and then each of us allow our creative juices to flow and upload a web-ready rendition. I'm sure we would get some wonderful but varied works from the simple B&W to the ultra radical explosion of color and contrast.
That is one tremendous idea! Let's do it, not for the art of it, but just for the fun of it.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 4:37 PM   #8

Default Re: It's John L's fault

"but I got too excited about having been arty, and I forgot and uploaded it naked".
Nice picture (hope it was warm ops: )
Psycho Budgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2004, 4:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Nice picture
Thank you.

Quote:
hope it was warm
It was a bit nippy, but I got used to it. The cat, however, didn't mind at all.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 5:00 PM   #10

OK so I haven't figured out how to do the quote thing properly yet, ops: can I still play my "newbie card?"
Psycho Budgie is offline   Reply With Quote