Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Feb 11, 2004, 7:08 AM   #21

Quote:
that spoonful of black widow again
The female packs more trounce per ounce. Hope you weren't ripped off by your dealer.

Quote:
But it's only February.
It's delicious just thinking of preying on things that hurl themselves against the window screen
on early summer nights.

Quote:
I prefer fireflys with a nice reisling.
When my son was very young and way too restless, he and his equally restless best friend used
to play firefly baseball. (If you don't know, don't ask.)
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 3:57 PM   #22

Jack,

I absalutely love everything about your "sketch"! The colors, textures, everything.
May I ask, where is the ole' rocking chair on the porch and the broken down Studabaker in the corner of the image? :lol:

It's amazing what these photo editors can do. Take a picture that you might not otherwise keep...and turn them into "wow". Makes it difficult to delete a "bad" picture.
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 12:42 AM   #23

Thank you for the nice comments, informative. I really owe this cabin sketch to you since it was your post of the infant sketch that inspired me, and your mentioning the other forum which led me to the sketch action. By the way, that infant sketch is awesome. To answer your question, I reckon somebody loaded the rockin' chair in the back of that studebaker and drove off with it. We just thought it was broke down.
Jack Nickelless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 1:06 AM   #24

Very nice work. Congrats!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 1:42 AM   #25

Hey Klaus, I wondered when I might hear from you. I have seen so many posts by you on here telling people what was wrong with their pics that I was sure you would have picked on some of my lousy efforts by now. To have you compliment me is an honor, because You are the master of the forum, I believe. Your photos are great, your website is awesome, and you help others freely, and you speak your mind even if it hurts, but that's the only way you teach, by being honest. I respect that. I hope I haven't embarassed you like I did Barbara with my praise of your work and help to others, I'd hate for you to have to eat worms like Barbara did. I also want you to feel free to slam my lousy photos anytime. I won't take offense. Thank you Master Klaus!
Jack Nickelless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2004, 2:11 AM   #26

Hi Jack.

That is nice work from you!

First of all - please don't speak of me as a master. Somehow I don't like that expression!

But... thanks for your kind words. I like kind word as they keep me motivated in the work with my website and my photographing.

Funny you speak of "slamming". I never considered my critique as slamming, but sometimes, I admit, can be very hard, but most people can deal with that and maybe learn something. As you may have noticed - my latest posts with critique are not so direct anymore, as I saw that some people took the critique "personally". Instead I made a service on my website, so that one can get a real deep critique of a shot if one like.

Thanks again Jack - for the feedback. I appreciate it.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote