Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Feb 16, 2004, 11:17 AM   #1

Default New to it all

This is how photoshop saved one of my first shots, as I just got my first camera ever, and had it a bit out of focus. Love to hear what you think.
Thanks, Noah
http://noahsphotos.fotopic.net/p2853233.html
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2004, 11:33 AM   #2

It's a good beginners shot. If you care to hear what I really think go on...else stop here.

Your shot is a bit overexposed and perhaps it lacks some saturation. You also need a better composition and an eyecatcher would help too.

Be carefull not to do too much editing to get a natural look. It seems a bit overdone to me.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 4:57 PM   #3

Default cont...

I have to disagree on the natural look, as I was going for more of a soft painted look, but I do see your point on the lack of an eye catcher. Composition is probably the most important part of getting a good pic in my inexperienced view, and thats just going to take a bit more practice I guess. I understand where you're coming from tho on the natural look as I saw the pic you posted of the bird over the marshland and it was really beautiful and well done. Thanks for your opinion and advice tho, its good to see that there's someone out there trying to help a noob like me.
Noah
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 5:19 PM   #4

you're welcome. Good to see, that you didn't take the critique too hard. Some do - you know!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2004, 1:55 AM   #5

My first thought was 'yikes, now that's purple fringing'. However then I remembered where I was. Natural is nice if that's your thing but this is the place where you get to go over the top if you choose. IMHO the photo is boring. Change the colors, make a chalk drawing or watercolor, go for it. . .play. If you do post the results here. :P

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote