Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Mar 3, 2004, 12:26 PM   #1

Default Saving a Picture

My friend sent me this picture

and asked me if I could do something with it in photoshop. I took one look at it and was immediately afraid and asked him why he couldn't send me a halfway decent picture. But alas, I worked on it anyway.

I also used this picture that I took at an earlier date.

I ended up saving his picture and making something interesting in the process.

His initials are JD, just in case you're wondering what the text is doing there.

The picture has been saved!
JaroDefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2004, 7:14 PM   #2

Good work, and that's a nice touch with the incorporated smaller picture.

This is the kind of thing a friend of mine is constantly having me do for her because she knows I love doing it. The last one I did was a 50-year-old picture with a nasty streak of light shooting across it, obliterating the faces of the people. I scanned it at very high resolution, then in Photoshop I discovered tiny bits of detail in the light streak. It was stunning to watch the photo emerge just as if it were sitting in a tray of developer. Gotta love that Photoshop.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 9:35 PM   #3

Yeah, photoshop can do almost anything (to a picture). I like just playing around with it, I discover a new technique every day. I'm actually at college for computer science and plan on using it to get into graphic design. I can't wait. ..........well, maybe I can :lol:
JaroDefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 7:39 AM   #4

Quote:
I can't wait.
Yes, as you said, maybe you can. Here's a bit of old-crone wisdom: do everything, see everything, get involved in everything that seems the least bit interesting--not as far as courses go, but as far as campus life goes. Make the most of it--performances, expositions, readings, whatever. You'll never be able to go back again.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote