Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Mar 24, 2004, 4:25 PM   #1

Default I am not just a number

Got really angry with my insurance company today. Don't need to go into the detail, but basically, I'm just an entry in a database as far as they're concerned. They did something that they just wouldn't have done if they had bothered to think about my case, and it really offended me.

Did this as a sort of protest. I know it's a cliche picture, but I also wanted to try out this tattoo effect. More therapy than art I suppose!

That really is my customer reference number. I think I'll send it to their customer service dept. They probably wouldn't get it though.
martinbishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2004, 5:34 PM   #2

coool pic! i think the tattoo effect worked nicely!

how did you do it?
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 5:42 PM   #3

Well ..... GREAT !!!

I like :
- the concept
- the bw portrait ( is it a portrait of your own ? )
- the tecnique used ( have u used the liquify to distort numbers and code bar ? ) to follow the forehead profile.

Now, beside the fact that your company looks like being missing some CRM foundamentals, I think your angry state may have been the main reason for forgetting to :
- erase the grey part over the ear
- not brightening and distorting the last two digits of your reference number (11).

One small hint to reinforce the concept :
- I would have snapshot the table when the line with your record was in a selected state.

Compliments again, keep on posting
brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 4:22 AM   #4

Yup, number and bar code (which was snapped from back of correspondance with digicam), deleted the white bits and changed blending mode to overlay, so the skin texture shows through, then liquify to roughly move to the contours of the face. Then a bit of gaussian blur to make it look less 'perfect'.

Now I look again, the last two numbers are not contoured properly, and I agree about the ear. I just did this quickly in ten minutes or so.

Good thought about the selected record. Have you ever tried to photograph a screen up close? It's ridiculous, you get a different moire pattern at every single magnification.

Anyway, thanks for your comments!
martinbishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 4:49 AM   #5

Another good thing I like :
The DOF applied to the table.
Maybe you did it for privacy reasons or maybe u did it intentionally.
In this case it reinforces the message that people identity is faded being the code the only important thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbishop
Have you ever tried to photograph a screen up close? It's ridiculous, you get a different moire pattern at every single magnification.
Yes.
However, I like those screen close up :
http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...073&highlight=
P.S. ( the reference to Barbara site has changed in the meanwhile ).
brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote