Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old May 7, 2004, 6:24 AM   #1

Here is a cropped picture I just took. It was very sunny (I wish the weather would make its mind up) and as can be seen in the first, the picture is terrible. Out of focus, the colours are all wrong etc. The second one is after I've played around with it. I think it has come out a lot better and nearer to what it should have been. Although it still isn't as good as it would have been had it has come out right in the first place.
I'm curious to see what other people - both unbiased and looking at it through different eyes - think of it.

ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2004, 10:00 AM   #2

wat iso,shutter,arperture did you use?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"it seems a little soft...the second picture is nice with the composition...it looks very compressed though don't know if that's the noise that makes it look like that...or just heavy compression to put it on the WEB.

nice composition....i really like the flowers and such behind him/her/it.....nice setting for a shot :-D
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 12:28 PM   #3

photosbyvito wrote:
Quote:
wat iso,shutter,arperture did you use?
I don't know the shutter, the iso was 400 I think.

Quote:
nice composition....i really like the flowers and such behind him/her/it.....nice setting for a shot :-D
Thanks

Quote:
it seems a little soft...the second picture is nice with the composition...it looks very compressed though don't know if that's the noise that makes it look like that...or just heavy compression to put it on the WEB.
It isn't a little soft, it's very soft. The first is as it's come from the camera and the only editing a crop and resize. The compression is very low. I messed about with it to see if I can improve a failed photo. Number two is after I've done my meddling. I have no training with editors. Everything I know I've taught myself by making the odd graphic here and there (I did all of the ones in my (unfinished)website). I can see myself the second picture isn't perfect and if the camera had given me the second one I wouldn't have been happy then either. I am interested to see what people think of my improvements and any other suggestions.

Quote:
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
I've seen that on a few of your posts. Is that you typing it or is it a board bug? If it's you, what does it mean?
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 2:56 PM   #4

hmm....wasn't me.....
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 11:20 PM   #5

Ferny, I think you did an absolutely excellent job of making a bad photo good. I'm surprised that you are not more experienced with this sort of thing because your work is excellent! Not too much of this, and not too little of that, everything is right on! Nice job!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote