Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Nov 16, 2004, 4:21 PM   #11

Wow! This thread is older than I am. (at least it's been around Steve's longer than me)

Vito, I love rock and roll and just about any music that challenges my sensibilities. I think your photo is very good as band portraits go. Lots of energy. In this kind of shot, a lot of "traditional wisdom" goes out the window. Don't change the whites... they give something of a posterized look to the shot.

Here is your acid test (you know... litmus test):

1. Do youlike the shot? Your answer is yes.

2. Does the band like the shot? I bet dollars to donuts they absolutely love it.

There you go... as a rock 'n roll-thrash metal-indie punk-industrial-dub-rap or whatever shot... it works.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

By the way, my son (now 21... really old:-)) has been playing in bands for years. I heard the other day that his new band is "industrial-punk" (They're Los Diablos Del Policia... Check 'em out at http://www.lddp.ca) I don't know if their site has any content yet, but there's gotta be something. Also, you can hear his weekly radio show at www.cjam.ca Thursdays at midnight, EST.
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2004, 6:13 PM   #12

wow, old thread!

hey willow...glad you like it, but i think your comment was too harsh...

like, he said it was HIS opinion, you don't need to agree with it...

thanks for looking though

thanks tom

good acid test

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2004, 7:06 AM   #13

Vito, I had a listen to the music and although it's not my style (more my 16 year old sons kind of stuff) I actually like the photo. And the name is ok, it does not have swear words in it which is a bonus. I like the arty effect too.

We oldies have to try to remember what it was like when we were your age. I used to follow the glam bands who were big here in Australia as a teenager, Im sure my parents did not approve of everything I listened to but they accepted my taste. I have to say that todays bands, or many of them are a little on the morbid side at times, everything seems to be about death and loss sometimes:-)

Still I remember reading somewhere that parents were horrified when those "nice boys" the "Beatles" grew their hair long, started wearing really weired clothes and sang strange songs. I think Ive raised my kids to appreciate many kinds of music styles, I used to play lots of 60s and 70s music when they were small and they sometimes know the words of the latest hits because they are remakes:-)

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2004, 7:10 AM   #14

PS my oldest son is very talented with guitar and the younger one who is your age plays clarinet, saxophone and has picked up the guitar recently as well and I am hearing some pretty heavy sounds coming from out in the back room:-)Im just glad he did not get drums!
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote