Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:18 AM   #1

I originally was preparing these shots for the Silhouette photo challenge but ended up going in a slightly different direction with them. These try to present the old adage about "See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil" but in a somewhat more abstract and artsy manner.

The shots were setup by laying a torch lamp on its side on a couch. Then, I had my daughter sit in front of the glowing lamp (all other lights in the room were out) and do the 3 poses. After a bit of PSE2 work, here's the result:

Attached Images

geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2004, 1:34 AM   #2

Cool! Only thing is in the third one the light seems a little too bright to me. I relaly love hte film effect thingy... that's cool! Did you do like the negative in your PS work because your daughters eyebrows are very light and I would assume that she is dark haired like you (from you avatar.. assuming that's you)...

I like it very creative!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 1:38 AM   #3

Haha, it only took 3 days for someone to comment on this photo! Congrats for being the first one to comment Amy.

I did the filmstrip effect in Paint Shop Pro but all the other effects were done in PSE2. I didn't do a negative effect. It was a combination of layers, blend modes for the layers, and contrast adjustment.

You are right about the 3rd picture. She wasn't centered correctly for that one. Oh well, maybe I'll take it over again another time.

My daughter is actually blonde and the avatar is not a picture of me but a shot of my uncle. He was an actor and in the avatar he is playing the role of Kovaks in the movie called To Hell and Back (with Audie Murphy, from 1955).
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 1:43 AM   #4

Ooooohhhhh ... so basically... I'm all wrong!!

Woo hoo I was the first to comment! Yeah in the digitally modified section people don't respond very quickly. Ah well.
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote