Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Aug 10, 2004, 2:04 AM   #1

I copied and pasted some images from different pics to make the final composite pic. This is the first pic from which I copied an old Jeep truck. It was a 35mm print that I scanned.

Attached Images

lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2004, 2:09 AM   #2

This is a digital pic from which I copied the old house.
Attached Images

Old Aug 10, 2004, 2:14 AM   #3

This is a software generated landscape into which I copied and pasted the truck, house, and a hot air balloon.
Attached Images

Old Aug 10, 2004, 10:38 AM   #4

It looks kind of fake to me for some reason, sorry. But the first and second photos are awesome!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 10:39 AM   #5

I know one reason why. If I look at the hot air balloon it looks like the sun is on the left, but on the truck it looks like the sun should be on the right, and on the house the sun should be on the right... so it looks like the sun can't be everywhere at once.
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 1:38 PM   #6

Yes, you're right about the sun. I noticed that, but I wasn't trying for perfection in the pic. This was the first time I'd used the software, and I just wanted to do something quickto see how it worked. The landscape looks very fake, also. I could actually see "pieces" being fitted together as it was generated, and most of those joints are still visible. The top of the mountain was very jagged after the image was generated, too. I only blurred it in with Photoshop,but I'mguessing there are tools within the landscape generation softwarethat would have done a better job of fixing that. Btw, the software is called Terragen, and it's free for personal use.