Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Nov 21, 2004, 2:16 PM   #1

A shot of the Rock Hall of Fame taken on a cold, cloudy (what else!!) day here in Cleveland and modified with Photshop CS
Attached Images

shawnee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2004, 8:11 AM   #2

Intersting work, shawnee3.

Keep on posting !

brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 12:38 PM   #3

Hi Shawnee3, welcome to the forums. I like your picture a lot. I think the rock hall is a cool piece of architechure.

I'm not trying to nitpick. But, one thing you can do with architectural photos is to fix the converging verticals. That is the effect of the top of the building seeming to be smaller than the bottom due to perspective. It can also make a building seem like it's ready to fall over. You can easilyfix this in Photoshop by using the transform tool. There is a perspective adjustment tool there. Just pick edit from the menu, and then transform, perspective. Then you can grab the top corner handle (It doesn't matter which one) and pull it outward until the building is straignt.

Of course there are times that you want that effect, and it's up to the photographer to decide which is best.

Also, you may want to resize your photos to 800x600 or 640x480. It will fit better on more users' screen, and it will take less time to download on non-broadband users connections. Again, I don't mean to nitpick or complain, just offering suggestions and tips.

Cold, cloudy day?Hmmm. It seems to me thata lotof our cloudy days are warm, andour coldest days are clear, but that's Cleveland for you!:-)

photo_mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 10:15 PM   #4

Thanks for the tip I'll give it a try. BTW, the photo was taken Nov 12. The wind was blowing at 35 mph. It was COLD!!
shawnee3 is offline   Reply With Quote