Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Jan 20, 2005, 3:28 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Canon EOS 20D 18-55mm kit lens @ 45mm
ISO100, f11, 1/8sec

Ran the photoshop palette brush filter over it.

The original was quite nice too, but I find most photos too distracting as wallpaper.
Attached Images

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2005, 4:00 PM   #2

hey man
looks great
it could probably use a bit more light on the inside of the bowl...but i like the selective lighting..
Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 8:36 PM   #3

Vito if you like is selecting lighting, why he should put more light on the inside of the bowl.

Show us your picture sometimes???

I dont understand why you dont have a contract with a international magazine for your pictures cuz they are probably wonderful or even teaching photography!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 1:16 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Pierre,

Thanks for defending me, but I don't mind criticism - I have a very thick skin. :-)

And that's why I posted it here, not just to get people to say how much they like it, although that's nice too.

In this particular shot it was a cloudy day, and the sun came out for about 2 minutes. I saw the warmth of the colour and ran to get my camera. I had about 15 seconds for the shot, took 5 photos all handheld at 1/8s.

I couldn't really control the angle of the light in that time, if I had had time I might have been able to move the bowl closer to the window, but to be honest it probably wouldn't have occurred to me. Thanks to Vito's comment however, it will next time.

I'm here to learn and you don't have to be an expert to be able to say whether a photo works for you. In fact most of the poeple who see my photos aren't experts, they're just "ordinary" folk, but they know a good photo or a bad one when they see it.

The problem with asking friends or family is that they often aren't completely honest and if people are in the pictures often react too much because they know them. So sometimes a "snap" is fantastic just because it shows a family member in nice pose, even though it's not a good photo. The poeople here are a little more objective in that regard, and they know more about photography.

Thanks for your comment though, I take it that you thought the picture was OK.

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 7:23 AM   #5

Peripatetic,

The problem with Vito is he always find something wrong on every photos, but he cant do it himself.I cant stand a guy who always make critism and cannot make it himself.

I ask Vito a few weeks ago to do what he was saying to another guy, but of course he didnt do it cuz he cant,and hestill critics evrrybody.

Old Jan 21, 2005, 10:33 AM   #6

Pierre,

I don't want to get dragged into an argument, but reading your posts here it just occured to me to say that it can be helpful to suggest ways that a pic might be improved without being able to master the technical side of doing the improvement.

Surely in any subject (take sport for instance) you will find experts happy to be coached by people who are not overall as good as themselves.

This is not to say that I agree with you about Vito's ability, or lack of it. I am just saying that whatever his technical expertise he is quite entitled to make suggestions which may or may not be considered helpful.

Regards, John
pjohnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 10:35 AM   #7

peripatetic,

Nice shot/still life. Very nice painterly effect.I agree with Vito, that I might like it a little more with just a hair more light in the bowl so I could make out a little better what was in there. Then again, the shadows add alot to this one... who really knows?

As for Pierre, that is what most forums are for to help improve, it would be awfully boring if every time a pic was posted it was followed by "Hey nice shot" and nothing more. I think most people post here to get ideas on how to improve, not because their relatives won't look at their vacation slides again. You have been following Vito around for weeks trying to bait him into responding, but at 16 years old Vito is light years ahead of you in the maturity department.
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 11:06 AM   #8

Guys I know forum are made to get critism to imporved your work, but whats really bug me is that Vito always and alawys complain on every pics.He seem to know everything, you can gave advise if you cant do it your self CMON.Only Vito critics all the pictures nobody else and more we dont see any of is pictures since a few weeks and what I saw from is latest post with pictures was not excellemt like it suppose to be with all thecritics he can do

thats all I wont talk anymore about him , I said what i had to say

I know i will be the bad guy but i cant stand guy that they cant do what they say

peace
Old Jan 22, 2005, 6:32 AM   #9

pierre, this is not the first time you have had a go at Vito, seems to me you have fixated on him for some reason. Could it be his age, plenty of other people have made comments similar and Ive yet to see you comment about them in the same way.:O
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 8:48 AM   #10

aladyforty wrote:
Code:
Could it be his age

Nope , but alot of kids of that age think they know everything

aladyforty wrote:
Code:
plenty of other people have made comments similar and Ive yet to see you comment about them in the same way.
No because those people doesnt always make critism on all pictures they look atand they show ussome pictures they took