Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Mar 12, 2005, 1:23 AM   #1

I'm posting this before having another bash at my friend on the Xtreme Makeover pic, 'cos thiswas much much easier! Canna.

P.S. I know there are big probs with this pic - but often I like working with lemons...
Attached Images

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2005, 5:59 PM   #2

I like it! Super duper contrast , striking...even. Nice work Canna. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 7:42 AM   #3

Hiya Kenneth,

Was cheered by your kind words.

Canna.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 5:20 PM   #4

looks good, at first I thought it may be part of what she is wearing, it was not until I looked at the image in PS I saw the strokes (after checking levels :?) I like the effect. I wonder if you made the coat black but a couple of shades fifferent to the background so we get the figure but still with the blue, I think that may just pull her out of the pic a little, subtly. :-)
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 2:04 AM   #5

Hi Creeduk,

Many thanks for your suggestion.

In order to see the coat I had to push up the exposure way too much.

I therefore put both images on the screen (SF one and overexposed one) and 'painted' in the coat on the S.F.image, sortof copying from the over-exposed version.

It was an interesting exercise, though would hope one day to come back and do it loads better, so coat and scarf more coherent and realistic. abw, Canna

P.S. Rehashes welcome but not recommended. It's hard work....

Attached Images

Old Mar 19, 2005, 2:13 AM   #6

On second thought, I know someone is going to ask.... So herewith the over exposed orig.....just to show how bad my 'painting' is!! abw, Canna.

PS.Why has that thing about styple appeared????

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

Attached Images

Old Mar 19, 2005, 2:07 PM   #7

Canna W wrote:
Quote:
On second thought, I know someone is going to ask....

LOL you knew it. Hey this time I wasn't gonna ask but as you put it up there here I go. After the second post I thought maybe my idea was off and the original uou did is better. I would image most of are the same we do a lot o versins that only see the waste bin :?. I worked on one last night for some one had a perfect idea what I wanted worked for ages then I shook my head closed it and gave up. Any way here is what I did. The original is an easy fix but that was not the idea so I took that alon with your first edit, and combined the 2 to get the backgroung. Then I had to remove the original check from the scarf. I allowed the one button to show through so I just masked the paint a little and here is the result. (this one really depens how your screen is config'd)
Attached Images

Old Mar 19, 2005, 2:59 PM   #8

hi creeduk,

B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T !!!! I think the warmer flesh tones, the suggestion of background & the coat , all work really well,to give a much nicer naturalistic effect. I'm delighted!

Not sure which layers you combined tho'ugh.... Over-exposed as shown, or did you rectifiy it first? This you combined with the 1st pic?

And why didn't the b & w pattern on the scarf show through the blue zaggy bit?

When you have time it would be graet to have a bit more info...

abw canna.

------------------------------------------------------------

Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:03 AM   #9

OK the more info bit :?:

I started with the original you posted I then patch and cloned the white scarf out (actually this was an after thought..lol but this is when it should be done) then a second copy of the layer with multiply mode. this is the first way to treat over exposed images. This looked good. Now I played with the levels to get the subtle difference in background. I then took your edited version and brought it in, this was at a different scale so I used the eyes as focus and scaled it to fit. I then masked out all the details apart from your paint stroke effect. Finally I worked on the skin tones, desturated the reds a little and then I used some sample faces I have and overlayed. I finally found a nice match used one of the light modes I forget which and lowered the opacity, to around 25 so that the effect was a subtle warming. I did all this on my laptop which looked a bit nicer than the preview on a CRT (due to the brightness of LCD screens)but it still caries that subtle black on black. I am so glad you liked it. :-)
Old Mar 25, 2005, 12:46 AM   #10

Creeduk

Abig thank you for the step by step instructions.

I think the skin toning stuff may well be beyond me :?at this stage, butI will see howI get on!

Will work onit over the next few days....

Thanks again for the details - very very helpful.

Canna