Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:27 AM   #1

Hello

I'm redoing a brochure for my school and I usually use black and white line illustrations because they work best in transfering the image (and keeping it simple) into the brochure.

My question, I take a lot of plant photos and would like to intergrate them into the brochure. Is there a way with the help of something like photoshop, of taking these photos so that become black and white line illustrations? Or ideas for getting more info on doing this? I am a beginner at manipulating photos though I do have Photoshop 6 .

Thanks for any help in this, 7Song,

Director, Northeast School of Botanical Medicine

www.7Song.com
7Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:16 PM   #2

Filter>Sketch>Graphic Pen. Mess with the settings and see if it gives you what you want. If another filter gives you more of what you like but ends up in color you can either Image>Mode>Grayscale or Image>Adjustments>Desaturate. Then mess with the contrast to get what you want. I prefer using levels or curves for contrast, but the contrast slider is easy.

There doesn't seem to be a way to convert it to 1 bit B&W though once you apply a filter. At least with CS that option is grayed out.

If that doesn't give you what you want, Google for sketch plug-ins.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2005, 5:21 PM   #3

Thanks a lot Slipe, I appreciate the suggestions. I haven't tried to apply them yet for Photoshop mysteriously disappeared from my computer. Could this be some type of message?

Again, thanks; 7Song
7Song is offline   Reply With Quote