Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Dec 9, 2002, 12:57 PM   #1

Default Digitally enhanced photo of Howe Sound, Vancouver BC.

I took this photo in a moving car on the sea to sky highway. We were returning from a day up at Whistler. Traffic was really lite(a rare occasion) so we were almost able to stop to take this shot. It had been overcast all day and the sun was finally coming out.

I modified this photo on the computer to make it look like a painting. I think this is the real power of digital, effects.

I would really appreciate your feed back on this photo. I have some more, similar photos. If anyone is interested in seeing them I can post them.

Thanks,
Michael Artemiw
martemiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2002, 2:28 AM   #2

Hi martemiw

First of all I must say this dont look like a painting to me! There is no "strokes" or such. It look like you loaded your photo into an editor and applied some kind of filter and thats it.

If you want you photos to look like paintings you might get some software that could do the job for you - like the program "Painter".

It a little bit expensive though!

But its all a matter of taste isnt it ? I like it - but not as a look-alike-painting.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2002, 7:38 AM   #3

Hi Klaus,

That image was significantly reduced in size to fit on the screen. Here is a croping of the original but not reduced in size. You should be able to see the brush strokes on this one.

If your monitor is a CRT it may be a little to blury to pick up all the fine detail. Notice also that the strokes in the image follow the contour of objects, something that is rare in simple software filters.

If you want to see more images check out my website, I have several galleries. www.dmaconsulting.ca

Here is the cropped version,

Thanks for looking at the photo and giving your opinions.
Michael
martemiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2002, 7:58 AM   #4

Reminds me of a watercolor.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2002, 10:29 AM   #5

Michael! Now I see, what you mean. It was very difficult on the first posted pic. Nice job - keep up the good work on your website.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2003, 2:08 PM   #6

Looks nice, how did you do it?

my first thought is that the really bright light should be reduced somewhat, paintings usually aren't that bright., but that can also be my monitor. Another thing is at top of the image to the right of the really bright light, the light red color seems odd, it is nowhere near the other colors of the "painting", of course I am not a pro on paintings but it seems a little odd. It kind of takes the "painting feeling" away since it seems like a photographic effect.

But other than that, it looks REALLY nice.
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote