Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Jun 25, 2005, 8:16 AM   #11

Just had a thought Caroline. (It's ok, I've got tablets for the headaches).

Could part of the trouble with your initial attempt be because you are not using the images in PSD format ? That's what they need to be to form a displacement map.

Just a thought.

Steve.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 10:50 PM   #12

Stevekins

Thanks for the suggestion - in face at home I am working with psd files - but it's good of you to check that out.

Look forward to seeing your bash whenever it's ready. I couldn't do anything yesterday - too busy hacking b ack the garden.

Caroline.
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 9:34 AM   #13

OK lets see what emerges now

Caroline I hope you will try the texture/pattern method and see how you do with that. Here when you need help.

creeduk
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 2:39 PM   #14

I'll be the sacrificial lamb then :roll:.

First one following the tutorial you posted a link to Caroline. Had to make slight amendments to the instructions given to achieve this result.

Second and third are just with variations of the opacity of the top layer, to bring the flower more to life. Well, make it more noticeable anyway.

The final one was using the Texturizer filter in CS, as suggested by creeduk.

I will be interested to know if any of these are what you or creeduk had in mind.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 3:23 PM   #15

Hi Stevekins,

Just came back to post and saw you had gone first. How kind! The last one is pretty good - it looks like a proper textured flower. It was so good of you to have a go.

My efforts were pretty dire. I herewith post the best of my attempts, but itis far from being a tapestry gerbera flower! (In fact I reached stage where I thought of ripping off the bargello chair seat, snipping it into petal shaped pieces, and presenting it as a photoshopping hit. :-)....)

Thank you again for your time and trouble in having a go with this. It is much appreciated.

Here goes....

:bye:Caroline

Attached Images

Old Jun 26, 2005, 3:30 PM   #16

Creeduck,

It would be great if you could give your opinion too.

It maybe that I happened to have started texturising with somethingrather difficult, and should have started off with something simpler? I havealso heard of 'skins'. Is this the same sort of thing?

Caroline.

PS...27 JUNE.

Creeduck I didtry both the online tutorial technique, and the one you suggested,turning plain tapestry pic into b&w, and putting it on top of the flower, then trying to blend it with all the different blending modes, experimenting with different levels of opacity too.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 11:32 PM   #17

you got closer with your last attempt it just needed finishing with a few extra layers.
Attached Images

creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 1:25 AM   #18

Hi Creeduk,

Yes, I think Steve's last effort and yours are definitely the best!

You've been careful I see to select areas of flower-texture and areas of tapestry- texture to predominate in different places, whilst leaving the centre as is. I guess this is the only route round the fact that BOTH subject and object have texture :roll:.

Well done too for superimposing the colour so clearly!

Thank you very much for doing it, and welcome to the head banging club :lol:.

Caroline