Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Jun 18, 2005, 11:34 AM   #1

Not a lot done to this pic, the bargello embroidery is naturally :?... (Iadded the pink to it though. )

Caroline

20 June... have come back & altered image as Lucky suggested...sorry it's so small.

Attached Images

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:33 PM   #2

I love it! The contrasting elements of the image are "jolting". As a personal preference, I would like to see the flower centered on the embroidery although my tastes usually don't favor such symmetry.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 5:34 AM   #3

Hi Lucky,

Just a note to say I found your suggestion & ideas really constructive. I like the 'joltingness' ofthe pictoo. I've altered the above image as suggested...

Thanks.

Caroline.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 3:07 PM   #4

nice balance of color. Did you play with adding the flower to the embroidery (using the texture)? that might come out nice as well.
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 8:13 AM   #5

Hi Creeduk,

I have been doing my homework, and come up with this rather scary tutorial, which seems to achieve what you suggest.

http://teachertoolkit.cvc4.org/inst/.../displace.html

I will TRY and have a bash at it :O, unless you were thinking of an easier route!

I did also trydoing it by just cloning the tapestry in over the flower, at a reduced opacity setting, but it looked pretty wishy-washy.

BTW, It's great to be stretched - soyour suggestion is very welcome.

It would be good to hear your preferred technique for this though...just in case it's easier!

Caroline.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 8:39 AM   #6

Well this is probably the one to try and should get you a good result, displace can be tricky to use though so you might want to try making a pattern from the embroidery to use a texture, this texture can be applied to the flower. The texture can be applied several ways, use of layer modes, filter method and layer style.You might also need to distort the flower to get a nice blend (duplicate those layers so you don't lose anything :-))
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 3:38 PM   #7

Hi Creeduk,

I am seriously stuck with this. Have been trying all evening with the tutorial, but with no success...

I will have another bash, this time creating a texture from the bargello as you suggest, & then applying it to the flower . I haven't done anything like this before, & am not feeling wildly confident.....will come back if I getstuck again.

Caroline.

24 June

P.S. I am stuck! I'm going to try and contact the guy who wrote the tutorial. Lucky him (not!) :G.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 2:12 PM   #8

I really like this...it's really retro looking!
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 7:50 AM   #9

Thanks Stitchbabe!

I've decided to look for more tutorials on the subject .... I ended up with a severe case of layers indigestion :?.

In the meantime, I'm going to post the 2 images I made from the single pic. This is the next stage in the process (I think). Anyone who wants totry taking it further is welcome - I will certainly try again, as I really want to learn how to do it...

The images are identical in format and resolution.

Attached Images

Old Jun 25, 2005, 7:59 AM   #10

and here is the next one...flower on a transparent background. Except I think the background may now be white... Same pixel size and resolution as the one above, just a different file size.
Attached Images