Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Jun 23, 2005, 5:51 PM   #1

This pic was taken with a Dimage A1. I sold that and ordered a Panisonic FZ15 that should be here tomorrow. But thought I would share the pic. Anyone know why the back gets blurry so quickly? I don't want this happening with my new camera.
Attached Images

Sean S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2005, 9:05 PM   #2

Nobody? :? This forum is kinda dead huh? Either that or everyone is a tad to shy.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 5:49 AM   #3

Sean S. wrote:
Quote:
Nobody? :? This forum is kinda dead huh? Either that or everyone is a tad to shy.
I think it's just that everyone is in awe of this photo. Well I am.

A beautiful classic car and gorgeous scenery. I'm just trying to work out where the digital art modification comes into it :?.

Have you added the car to the land/waterscape ? Or is it really a pick up truck ? :-)

I see from another of your posts that you own a number of these. How do find time to actually photograph them ?

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:33 AM   #4

Hi Steve!,

This beautiful 1967 Ford Fairlane 500 is actually a 1:18 scale "Diecast" car. You can hold this car in your hand, its about a foot or so long and about 4 inches high. I took the picture on the hood of my 1979 Ford F250 4x4 truck while the car was sitting on top of a piece of roofing shingle....lol. I had ablack cardboard background behind the car. I then found the nice sunny river background on the net and used PhotoShop to place the car into the background picture. Took me quite some time, and its not perfect, but it sure does look like the car belongs there huh? The sun on the car that day and the sun in the picture I found were really close...thank gosh!

Thank you very much for the compliments! I will show you the actual pic I took of the car on top of my truck. If you like Classic Muscle - and most of mine are factory stock as they came off the assembly line, then I would be glad to show you some more...?

Sean-

Here is the original un-altered picture. Only thing I did here was crop it.
Attached Images

Old Jun 25, 2005, 10:12 AM   #5

Well you had me fooled :?.

Though I did suspect the car had been added to the background, I didn't realise you could put it in your pocket when you've finished photographing it.

You thought that one out very well, with the roofing shingle and light etc.

Well done, very nice 'modified digicam image'.

Steve.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 10:39 AM   #6

LOL Thanks Steve! Yeah I am a Diecast Car Collector. I have over a 100 of these cars. Some are highly detailed (like the Fairlane) and some are not. I also moddify them myself. The highly detailed cars are not cheap...around $130 US each. But being a hot-rodder as a kid, and still am...lol I love these little things!

Some of my cars are now worth a pretty penny, but never would I sell any of them. I'm building a 67 Camaro SS right now for a contest. After I get it finished I will post a pic for ya. You guys will love this car.

Whats your favorite classic muscle car Steve? Chances are I have one.