Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Jul 4, 2005, 1:06 PM   #31

Well it's certainly different Meiko.

It's almost like looking at your Grandchildren through a broken pane of glass :-).

I think, though, that I would like to see the 'bigger picture'. Instead of cutting off the bottom of the youngests face. It sort of looks like you haven't finished it yet :-).

I like the way you are thinking though .

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 1:16 PM   #32

I think you went watercolour on the fence and maybe that's where the difference is. On the other hand maybe there are too many curves.

But, eventually it's what you want as a final image.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 11:38 PM   #33

OK...Decided to go simple.

I think this looks better..

Attached Images

Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 2:50 AM   #34

I have to agree Meiko, this does look better !!

The seperation of the sections is looking good, but how about a couple more of them ? See what it looks like with 7 or 8 slightly smaller sections. I think as your grandchildren are pretty much filling the frame a few more would look good.

But definitely better than the curves .
Old Jul 5, 2005, 5:28 PM   #35

Meiko

I think the problem I'm having is with the photo, itself. My eyes keep telling me that the little girl is in a separate photo, even though she's not. On the second attempt, I think its much better, although I'm not sure the background enhances the overall effect.

Walter
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 9:47 AM   #36

Am I the only one to think that this (quite) interresting effect is better suited to inanimate subjects than live ones? At least, as far as credibility go, I reckon a bridge or a fountain wouldn't budge while a crowd, or a juggler would be much too active for you to take 4->15 shots and patch them together without major chunks not fitting together.

Still, gonna run with it and have a few tries, thanks a lot Stevekin for coming up with this and putting together the little tutorial.
PaulPosition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 1:19 PM   #37

PaulPosition wrote:
Quote:
Am I the only one to think that this (quite) interresting effect is better suited to inanimate subjects than live ones?
I think you have a good point there Paul.

I did try this on a couple of pics of my Grandson and wasn't really happy with them, they didn't look too bad, just not as good as with buildings.

But it doesn't hurt to try with any subject, just to see if it works or not.

And, slightly OT,I think it's great that we can bemembers of this or any other forum, otherwise when we tinkered with our images, we'd have no idea if it looked good to others, we'd only have our family and friends telling us how wonderful we are . Which is nice of course, but they only tell you what they think you want to hear, (unlessit's my wife :roll.I want people to tell me something could, 'just be a bit better', or words to that effect.

I am grateful to that fine Englishman, SirTim Berners-Leewho invented the World Wide Web, for enabling me to 'chat' to people all over the world instantaneously about my favourite hobby. Well, if they are at their computers that is.

Sorry for rambling, I just think this forum is great !!

Old Jul 8, 2005, 5:34 PM   #38

Yes, I'm afraid I have to agree.. I gave up on that pic, but I am happy with the way myfirst pic turned out.. Well if we dont try, we wont learn.. and I am also thankfull for everyones input..:P:-):-)..
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote