Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Digital Art (modified digicam images)

Old Mar 20, 2003, 12:59 AM   #1

Default First Successful Star-Trail Attempt....

For full view, copy & paste this link in another window: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...d.jpg.orig.jpg

Camera: Olympus C-4000
Settings: approx. 22 minutes (simulated; see below), f5.6, ISO100, SPOT AF, SHQ JPEG, Noise Reduction OFF, Auto WB, Sharpness -2, Contrast -3, EV -1.7, Manual Focus to Infinity, Optex 265 Tripod.
Digital Darkroom: Stacked 81 16second exposures using Image Stacker. Primary image adjustment, noise reduction, hot pixel removal, etc. done using DCE AutoEnhance. Saturation, Levels, Curve, & Crop adjustments, and High Pass Sharpen using Photoshop. Resized down to 35% of original image using IrfanView with Lanczos filter.

Comments: I'd appreciate it if any of you critique how my Image adjustment skills came out. I'm talking if the contrast is right, the saturation, etc. I wanted to make the "Integra" sign much more pronounced and sharp, but I'm not sure if the f/stop played a factor in that. I did try to sharpen it up a bit using a High Pass Sharpen method. And yes, the car is dirty, and that is dirt you see all over the car. I'm waiting for winter to blow over

Thanks for viewing,

Oz
The_Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2003, 7:14 AM   #2

Pretty neat looking. Everything sure looks balanced. You've done far more work than I'm willing or capable of doing to a picture(s).

Thought I'd comment on it since it's like pulling teeth to get anyone to comment on shots here anymore.

E.B.
E.B.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2003, 7:21 AM   #3
NHL

The_Oz

I know this is cheating, but an easier way is to paste a sharper car back (cut out rom another picture from last summer) in Photoshop with your night sky shot, but then where's the skill for doing that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good work!!!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2003, 8:01 PM   #4

Thanks Guys!

I guess I'm on the right track here. Here's another shot that I took this past Sunday. This had less city lights than the first

Copy & Paste for Full View

Oz
The_Oz is offline   Reply With Quote