Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Drivers (Wanted or Found)

Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:39 PM   #1

I re-formatted my hard drive due to some malfunction. I lost the flash player. Now the Sony picture package would not start without it. I uninstalled the sony picture package anddownloaded Adobe flash player 9 from the net. then reloaded the Sony picture package but still the picture package does not connect to flash player and does not run. Please help.
bawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2007, 2:19 AM   #2

Hi. The Picture Package Menu option will not start when Macromedia Flash Player 8 is installed on a computer without any previous Macromedia Flash Player versions.

If Macromedia Flash Player 8 is installed on a computer where no previous versions of the Macromedia Flash Player have been installed, then the Picture Package Menu option may be unable to start. To resolve this issue, download and install the Picture Package Menu update from the Picture Package Web site at:

http://www.ppackage.com/e/index.html

Sonytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 3:59 PM   #3

Sonytech wrote:
Quote:
Hi. The Picture Package Menu option will not start when Macromedia Flash Player 8 is installed on a computer without any previous Macromedia Flash Player versions.

If Macromedia Flash Player 8 is installed on a computer where no previous versions of the Macromedia Flash Player have been installed, then the Picture Package Menu option may be unable to start. To resolve this issue, download and install the Picture Package Menu update from the Picture Package Web site at:

http://www.ppackage.com/e/index.html

Dident work for me
tang347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:08 PM   #4

I'vehad Picture Package software for about 3 years and have just decided to save my tapes to my PC and then onto CD. I'm struggling, all I want to do is save them to my PC for now and watch them on Media Player. When I use Picture Package Auto Video, I can save the video butthereis no sound.

When I then try to use Picture Package VCD, it asks me to inserta blank CD-R, which I do but it keeps comming back and asking me to do this. Incidently, when I go to the options for this, there is no selection in the target drive or writing speed!

Have I done something wrong?

Also, when I do the USB Streaming test, everything works ok, picture &sound no problems.

Please help before my video tapes fade with age!!
woodgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 4:55 PM   #5

I have the same problem as woodgate.

I've updated the software at ppackage.com. However, the "target drive" is blank as well as the "write speed".

I've tried two different laptops and one external drive. Still won't read the drives.

Any solutions?
Lightboxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2008, 6:50 AM   #6

Yep, I also have tried two PC's both the same. I have ver 1.0 on one and 1.6 (I think) on the other. Both the same. Looks like we have the exact same problem and I don;t know where to get help from!
Old Apr 4, 2008, 7:04 AM   #7

I've decided to use Windows Movie Maker to transfer the footage. This software finds the device and allows you to select various transfer settings. I used the USB connection with 320x240 res. The rest I used the the default settings. Seems ok when you play it back using Windows Media Player. With my PC, this Movie Maker was already part of the package.

Good luck to you.:idea:
Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodgate View Post
I've decided to use Windows Movie Maker to transfer the footage. This software finds the device and allows you to select various transfer settings. I used the USB connection with 320x240 res. The rest I used the the default settings. Seems ok when you play it back using Windows Media Player. With my PC, this Movie Maker was already part of the package.

Good luck to you.:idea:
Strangely i got the same problem, but now i've got a not-so-good solution. The Picture Package software does'nt run good on SATA CD/DVD drives, while it runs OK with IDE type CD drives. Get hold of an older version of laptops or a desktop with IDE drives and the problem is gone for sure.
Sohail
Sohail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodgate View Post
I'vehad Picture Package software for about 3 years and have just decided to save my tapes to my PC and then onto CD. I'm struggling, all I want to do is save them to my PC for now and watch them on Media Player. When I use Picture Package Auto Video, I can save the video butthereis no sound.

When I then try to use Picture Package VCD, it asks me to inserta blank CD-R, which I do but it keeps comming back and asking me to do this. Incidently, when I go to the options for this, there is no selection in the target drive or writing speed!

Have I done something wrong?

Also, when I do the USB Streaming test, everything works ok, picture &sound no problems.

Please help before my video tapes fade with age!!
Strangely i got the same problem, but now i've got a not-so-good solution. The Picture Package software does'nt run good on SATA CD/DVD drives, while it runs OK with IDE type CD drives. Get hold of an older version of laptops or a desktop with IDE drives and the problem is gone for sure.
Sohail
Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:49 AM   #10

Sohail