Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Drivers (Wanted or Found)

Old Feb 23, 2007, 6:56 PM   #1

I recently purchased a Canon A640. Very pleased with camera. I installed the software that cam bundled with the camera. ZoomBrowser 5.7. Not great but adequate. I tried the 'Export To CD' function. I kept getting the message that
"NO Suitable CD Recording Device Was Found". After trying a lot of other things I finally sent a message to Canon support forum. Believe it or not I got the following
reply:

The program is not able to write to a combination CDR/DVDR it must be a
CDR. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

I don't believe this. I doubt that a system with only CDR capability has not been sold in approx 3-4 years. If this is true the silly software will not work on approx 75 - 80 % of all installed systems

Has anyone else had this problem? Is what tech support tells me true or is this just a way to avoid checking out a problem?
dennisthemenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:23 AM   #2

dennisthemenace wrote:
Quote:
I don't believe this. I doubt that a system with only CDR capability has not been sold in approx 3-4 years. If this is true the silly software will not work on approx 75 - 80 % of all installed systems

Has anyone else had this problem? Is what tech support tells me true or is this just a way to avoid checking out a problem?
I use an older version ZoomBrowser Ver.5.0 on a very new Intel Duo Core laptop with CDR/DVD Dual Layer burner.

On ver 5.0, under File/Backup to CD, I had no problem burning a CD-R. Try the following:

1. Before launching ZoomBrowser, load a blank CD-R then wait for the PC/laptop to recognize the blank CD-R.

2. Launch ZoomBrowser.

3. After clicking on Backup to CD or Export to CD, make sure that the drive designation points to your burner. Click OK.

Hope this helps.
bayani is offline   Reply With Quote