Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Drivers (Wanted or Found)

Old Mar 9, 2007, 3:05 AM   #1

Hi,
I have installed a brand new ZoomBrowser EX v 5.7 and the CameraWindow does not open. It flashes and disappears. ZB does not communicate with the cameras – I am using G7 and S50. Both cameras are perfectly recognized by the PCs. I upgraded to ZoomBrowser EX v 5.8a and still have the same problem. I have tried the software on two WIN XP SP2 PCs and the effect is the same – no Camera Window. When using the ZB EX v 4.6 I have no problems whatsoever. Any suggestions how to make CameraWindow in Zoom Browser EX v 5.7 or 5.8 working ?

Greetings, Amplitron
amplitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2007, 8:15 AM   #2

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem with ZB and my new S3. Have you found the soultion?

bcapel
bcapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 9:20 AM   #3

Hello,

I just did a Google search and corrected my problem, I hope it helps you as well.

My problem ended up being that my "Canon Camera Access Library 8" service was unable to start, due to one of the dependancies not being started.

I discovered that my "SSDP Discovery Service" was disabled, and hence was stopping the Canon service.

I changed the SSDP Discovery Service to Manual, and restarted the Canon Camera service, and all was well. CameraWindow started straight away.

You might also check the "Windows Image Acquistion" service, as this is also a dependancy for the Canon Camera service.

bcapel

bcapel is offline   Reply With Quote