Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Drivers (Wanted or Found)

Old Jan 4, 2008, 3:14 AM   #1

I bought a digital cam ( SIPIX STYLE CAM BLINK DIGITAL CAMERA ) and the cd is broke if anyone could send me info on software and drivers I would jump for joy I just want to get my childrens pics off it .Please send it to my mail moghastar2010@yahoo.com

OR TELL ME WHERE IT CAN BE FOUND

THANKS

Attached Images

moghastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:02 AM   #2

Broken CD - What a nightmare!

I came across this post as I have (unsuccessfully) been searching for drivers for this camera on Vista.

Anyway, here is a link to the drivers for XP - hope it helps you out!

http://tinyurl.com/2kz82h
Mark5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2008, 5:26 PM   #3

Dear Sir ;

The file you had told me about it was the manual of the camera .. I need the driver of it to identify it on my pc ...

Thanks sir

:-)
Old Jan 16, 2008, 7:33 AM   #4

Hi Moghastar (no need to call me 'sir' by the way :-) )

The link is the driver for the camera, but you may have to follow a couple of steps to install it if you have previously tried another USB driver for the camera.

Step 1 - download the file at the link in my previous post. It will be a file called DSC07.exe

Step 2 - Do NOT run this file yet!

Step 3 - if you have plugged in the camera at any point previously, replug it in and then go to Control Panel, System, Harware, Device Manager. Find the device, it may have yellow triangle, red X, or even just be there normally. Once found, right click on it and click 'remove'. You may have to reboot.

Step 4 - Go to control panel - add/remove programs and uninstall any Sipix or StyleCam driver programs you have. (You do not need to uninstall any ArcSoft programs)

Step 5 - definitely reboot at this point

Step 6 - run the downloaded DSC07.exe program to completion

Step 7 - reboot again :-)

Step 8 - plug the camera in and all should be well

If this still fails to work, then try this link and follow the above steps again, substituting this file (blink.exe) at Step 6

http://tinyurl.com/2plyfj

Have fun!

Warmly - Mark

Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:05 AM   #5

I downloaded the drivers and no go. I am running vista so I'm figuring thats the reason they won't work. Is there anyone who has tried this on vista?I was reading the manual and it stated that you had toinstall the twain driver.Is there any one out there who has the actual cd? I know I have it in my storage but I just can't seem to dig it out. If I find it I will upload the actual .iso file , if no one else has or will do so.

I refuse to give up on making this work!
draquafresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 2:15 AM   #6

Yeah - the drivers I have posted are for XP (as I said in my first post) not Vista - I am looking for the Vista ones, but I think they simply don't exist.

If you need to get the pictures off, then use something like VMWare ( http://www.vmware.com ) or Microsoft Virtual pc ( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...c/default.mspx ) to create an XP machine inside your Vista and you should then be able to install the Blink to that and get your pictures off.

Good luck!
Old Jan 19, 2008, 3:14 AM   #7

Hi Mr mark5

I tried to do this way by the two links but in vain .

Please If you have the original cd for this camera .

send me thelink of it ...

please ..
Old Jan 19, 2008, 3:57 PM   #8

I found the actual disc for my Blink Style cam 2. Where is the best place to upload the .iso file?
Old Jan 19, 2008, 4:40 PM   #9

Well, I installed the style cam software on my xp system and windows add new hardware seems to find all of the files. I see a camera icon on my task bar but when I click to open the file it opens up my computer instead. I 'm figuring it could be the camera that is not working at this point. Any advice on how or even if this can be fixed?
Old Jan 22, 2008, 4:59 AM   #10

draquafresh wrote:
Quote:
Well, I installed the style cam software on my xp system and windows add new hardware seems to find all of the files. I see a camera icon on my task bar but when I click to open the file it opens up my computer instead. I 'm figuring it could be the camera that is not working at this point. Any advice on how or even if this can be fixed?
You should be able to open Windows Explorer and see the Camera as an icon on the left hand pane, normally below where it lists hard drives, CD/DVD, Control Panel etc.

Otherwise, you should be able to go to Control Panel and see it listed under Imaging Devices or Cameras (or similar!).

Good luck!