Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Drivers (Wanted or Found)

Old Dec 6, 2009, 7:10 PM   #1

Default twain driver for sipix sc2300

i have this camera and the install cd but i think it does not work with windows 7 and no tech help from sipix do you have any suggestions
bbohanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2009, 7:37 PM   #2
Administrator

The specs I see for that camera say it's USB Mass storage capable.

If so, you probably don't need any drivers or software to use it. You may want to see if the camera shows up as a Removable Storage Device under "My Computer" when it's plugged in. Then, you could simply navigate to the folder the images are in, select them, and and copy them to the folder of your choice on the hard drive (just like copying files from any other folder).

If not (doesn't show up under My Computer and really needs the driver), you could use a card reader capable of supporting SmartMedia to copy the photos to your PC. Here's one that a user review says supports the old SmartMedia cards:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820401004

As for the software that came with it, keep in mind that the Sipix SC-2300 was released over 7 years ago, which is a long time for technology. Lots of older software has trouble running under new Operating Systems.

But, there are many free photo editing applications available now that you could use for basic corrections. One you can try for starters is the free Google Picasa
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote