Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Drivers (Wanted or Found)

Old Mar 22, 2007, 3:57 PM   #11

Thanks, people! I was having the same problem. I can't believe they don't have it available as a stand-alone download; I was so angry when Isaw that! God knows where my original CD is! But thenI found this forum and all is well again.

Thanks again!

And a big :blah:to Canon.
erikpurne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2007, 7:29 AM   #12

Hello,

I am having the hardest time finding any available software on the Canon site at all. Is it possible if someone who has used this method successfully provide a link directly to the download for the ZB570UPD_EN file mentioned above? That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.
raistlincg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 5:01 PM   #13

Hi. I have had a similiar nightmare but downloaded the file from http://bishoplynx.net/images/Ann/. This was one of the few entires that came up when searching for the exact file name above in google. It seemed dogy to do this but I was so desperrate I thought it woth a try. It worked. Did not get to UNZIP, just ran it. My IXUS 65 still had problems locking my laptop thru USB 2 cardbus. However thru the laptop old USB ports(both broken but hanging in there) the camera connected ok. Hope thishelps.
fishergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:44 PM   #14

Thank you very much for the link! It worked fantastically.
raistlincg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 10:12 PM   #15

If anyone is still looking, I found this site: http://www.foto-freeware.de/zoombrowser.php

It's in German but you can still download and install in English if you wish. It is the 2.2 version. Once d/l and installed though you can go to the canon website, d/l the updater and install that. Works perfectly.
Mandunion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 2:18 AM   #16

The above ways of getting the new ZoomBrowser on my computer did not work. I did however find this website that made it very easy. http://www.tempusfugit.ca/zoombrowser6_0.html

All you have to do is download the latest update from Canon. Then make sure you have the two registry keys below. Create them if nessary.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Canon

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Canon\ZoomBrowser EX

Then click the update file from Canon that you downloaded and your are done!

Thanks to Technology Muse for this info!

Nude User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:37 PM   #17

I just used this method to install version 6.0.1.
Worked perfectly!
Cindi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2008, 2:18 PM   #18
LMM

yes, creating a new registry key worked for me as well - but it was hard figuring out how to do it since i don't know more than the basics when it comes to computers.

i'm sharing a step-by-step to save others the hassle of figuring this out...
  1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.[/*]
  2. Click the plus sign on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then click the plus sign on SOFTWARE[/*]
  3. With Software highlighted go to Edit > new > key > name the new file Canon (you have now created the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARECanon registry key)
    [/*]
  4. Now, highlight Canon and go to Edit > new > key > name the new file ZoomBrowser EX (you have now created the second key)[/*]
  5. Exit the registry edit and go to Canon's official website and get the update. It should work now.[/*]
And for anyone that wants to know, i OWN a canon and the CD that came with my camera, but i restored my laptop (i.e. erased everything because i got a virus) and my cd-rom drive no longer works so I can't install the program the traditional way. I went to the canon's official site hoping to get a CD-less online download and it doesn't exist! so this was my only option.
LMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2009, 4:24 AM   #19

Thank you LMM! Your instructions were perfect, and had me using my updated version of ZoomBroswer in a jiffy. Fantastic! After all that time I spent looking for the installation CD (and failing miserably to find it), finding this thread and your most helpful post was a huge relief! Thank you to all above for your help.
Kathleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 7:26 PM   #20

:blah:After a huge battle, I found this link: http://www.photo-freeware.net/downlo...eng.php?id=349

there you can download the old version 2.2. I'm going to download the update from Canon now. :?

enjoy!
Maretha is offline   Reply With Quote