Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Drivers (Wanted or Found)

Old Oct 15, 2004, 7:06 AM   #1

Hi!

I have two questions, actually, and it seems like this may be a good place to ask.

I have two sony still cameras - the cybershot DSC-P1 and DSC-P10. I'd like to use one or both to capture live video or use as a webcam type device. Nothing fancy, just want a better solution than the grainy, crappy quality produced by most webcams

Apparently these cameras don't do direct-from-USB input, which sucks, and I wondered if anyone here knows of or has written a driver or TWAIN to do this. :\

Secondly, I own a Intel C330 webcam, which is the best little USB PC Camera I've ever seen, hands down - and it's FIVE YEARS OLD, which is forever in the Internet world It unfortunately isn't compatible with the MacOS, but I know that there are webcam drivers available for "uncompatible" cams... but I haven't yet been able to find one for the Intel camera line.

Is there a solution, or am I doomed to give up my beloved Intel camera and go with the iSight (which I desperately want) at some point when I actually have money?

Thank you

Vanessa
VanessaJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2006, 6:37 AM   #2

Have you tried*Macam.0.8.8iiif its works then you can follow these instrustions .......copy the macam.component into the /Library/QuickTime/ directory (for access by all users on the system) or into the ~/Library/QuickTime/ (for access by only that user). If you have a previous copy, please delete it first. A restart is usually not needed, but if you have trouble, it's a good thing to try. ........Click here for trouble shooting.......................................Your in look i just checked the site and saw this*
res1492 is offline   Reply With Quote