Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Drivers (Wanted or Found)

Old Jun 15, 2006, 9:47 AM   #1

I lost my software for my sony cybershot DSC-T9 does anyone know where I can get a copy. I called sony and they want like $65 for replacement. I think that is crazy. Can anyone help?

dsammarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2006, 10:11 AM   #2
Administrator

Sony Europe's site has some downloads available (and you'll see a separate link that goes to a site with PicturePackage that you might be able to download it from).

http://support.sony-europe.com/DIME/...n&m=DSC-T9

Of course, you don't *really* need Sony's software, unless you just like it.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 10:28 AM   #3

Thanks for the info, but you mentioned I really do not need the sony software. How would I get my music to the camera without it?
Old Jun 15, 2006, 10:43 AM   #4
Administrator

Music, huh?

I never thought about that part. lol

Yes, it does look like the camera supports downloading of music files to the camera for use in playing slide shows. So, it's possible that you'd need Sony's software for that part.

But, you may find a way to do it without the software.

Most cameras are "USB Mass Storage Compliant" now. So, they are automatically recognized by newer operating systems like Window XP, and show up as a removable drive under Windows (look under "My Computer" and you'll probably see it when plugged in).

If not, you may have to download Sony's USB Driver (it's on the download page I posted above).

If you can figure out where the music files are being stored, you may be able to bypass the need for the software and copy them directly to the camera (hopefully, it's just placing them in a folder on the card somewhere that you could see using Windows Explorer). If not, you may need the software.

I've never tried to use a camera for that purpose before, and I rarely install the software that a manufacturer supplies with a camera (since I prefer other tools for image editing).

Old Jun 15, 2006, 4:08 PM   #5

Do you know where I can get a cable that I could use with the Cyber-shot dsc-t9 and computer. I called sony and they want $65 for that cable. I think that is a bit much.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 4:19 PM   #6
Administrator

You may be able to find a generic cable that works with it. If you use Google and search for USB Cable, you'll get lots of hits. It may be tough to find something that works with it though (because the USB and A/V outputs are all integrated into one connector).

I see a couple of cable listings on Ebay now. Buy it now price of $43.99 (plus shipping). That's probably generic stuff (at a high profit). ;-)

Do a search on Ebay for the following, and you'll find them:

usb cable sony dsc-t9

If you just wanted to transfer photos, a USB card reader is probably a better way to go (they're cheap).

Old Jan 9, 2008, 7:28 PM   #7

Hi,JimC.....i still got a question about sony dsc t9......

Is there any differences between the drivers of "Memory Stick Floppy Disk Adaptor MSAC-FD1" and "Memory Stick Floppy Disk Adaptor MSAC-FD2(MA)"?

a_apple is offline   Reply With Quote