Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Drivers (Wanted or Found)

Old Jul 9, 2006, 3:02 PM   #1

Does anybody have drivers for Agfa Duoscan scanner. It must be Fotolook 2.6 or earlier!!
tacbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2006, 2:34 AM   #2

Hi tacbob,

I actually work for Agfa here in the UK and even though we stopped doing the scanners quite a few years ago I may have some software lying around and if not I may be able to get hold of some.

What OS is it for and why do you specifically want Fotolook 2.6 because if my memory serves me this was quite old.

Anyway, I'll have a look and get back to you.

Regards

Russell
RussellS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 5:57 AM   #3

Hi RussellS.

Thanks very much for the response. Windows 2000 it is!!!!!

The Duoscan I have was my mates that hebought in about 1999/2000. He cannot find the original driver for it and obviously the only driver I can find on the Net is Fotolook version 3.6. I have tried this software and it seems that there is no way of being able to simply enter a physical size and resolution. There is also an error that appears (cant remember what it is now, been so long since I tried it) but it then crashed. These problems also occured on my mates computer.

I can't remember if we ever had 2.6 but the scanner worked perfectly with the original software.

Do you think I am wasting my time hunting for old drivers...should I just go ahead and buy the SilverFast stuff?

Regards,

Richard

richfrank32(AT)hotmail.com
Old Jul 16, 2006, 6:56 AM   #4

Hi Richard,

I have found an original Agfa Scanner CD v2.5 which supports the Duoscan. It has Fotolook 2.09 which I seem to remember supports Win2000. I'm pretty shure this would have been the original CD that came with the scanner.

I know I've got some other old CD's up in the loft so I'll check them out and see what other versions I've got and get back to you.

Are you in the UK, because if you are I can just post the CD's to you. If you are elswhere, we'll have to sort something else out.

Regards

Russell
Old Jul 16, 2006, 4:30 PM   #5

Hi.

Yes, in the UK. My e-mail address was in the previous post. If you send an e-mail to me, I can giove you my address. Thanks very much for helping with this and please let me know the cost!

Regards,

Richard
Old Jul 16, 2006, 6:33 PM   #6

Hi again Richard,

It's no problem at all, only too glad to help.

I've actually found the standalone Fotolook 2.09.04 drivers which are only about 4mb so I will email them to you. Load them up and see if they work. If they do then let me know and I'll send you the complete CD.

When you load them up it says that the software is for Win95 & NT, but I'm sure I used to use these drivers on win2000 so see how it goes.

If you still have problemsand they don't work, don't give up hope because I can speak to some of the other engineers at work who used to work on the scanners all the time and see if they can help.

One other thing, I've logged into the Agfa support database today and it appears that to be able to use Fotolook 3.6, the firmware on your scanner may need to be updated. Can you tell me exactly what model the scanner is, as it appears there were different versions of the Duoscan.

Anyway, check your email and get back to me.

Russell