Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Nov 7, 2006, 3:50 PM   #1

I am fairly new to sublimation printing but have been 'practicing' for a few months now and every time I think I have got it sorted I seem to get another problem.

I have an Epson R1800 printer and am using a sublimation bulk system from RA Smart for printing onto mugs, plastics, mousemats etc but I am continually frustrated by what I consider to be the poor colour quality of my prints.

I followed all the instructions for colour profiles etc when I first started although admittedly this was frustrating as it was hard going to a complete novice to follow so possibly this is not 100% correct.

My main gripe is the fact that every few prints I get a message advising me that I am not using the official epson cartridges etc etc, which I already know, but it seems to prevent me from using 1, 2 or more of the colours which could explain why browns & skin pigments printwith agreen tint! Is there someway to override this and tell my pc/photoshop program or whatever to use them anyway or is it a case of making sure the profiles are definately 100%correct, if I can do that?

Any help would be appreciated as it is starting to drive me mad
mark hmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 22, 2006, 1:49 PM   #2

YOUR PROBLEM PROBALLY IS COMING FROM YOUR COLOR MANAGEMENT. WHEN PRINTING WITH SUBLIMATION INKS THAT CARRIES A DRIVER IT WILL THROW YOUR COLORS OFF IF YOU DO NOT TURN OFF THE COLOR MANAGEMENT IN WHATEVER PROGRAM YOU ARE USING. I WILL TRY THIS FIRST
LOVEDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 4:26 PM   #3

Hi, thanks. I tried everything with the colour profiles but did already have the colour management off. I have a more pressing problem at the moment as my prints are getting worse. I have trawled through hundreds of websites looking for an answer, I believe I now have 'overspray' on my prints with colours appearing outside my print boundary, I read somewhere that this can be caused by my recovery pad being saturated but I have tried to 'clean' this and wondered if it could just be replaced or if there is some oher way of preventing this. I am getting quite busy now and don't want to produce substandard prints especially at this time of year.

Any ideas out there would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Mark.
mark hmc is offline   Reply With Quote