Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Nov 28, 2006, 2:31 PM   #1

I am looking for a dye sub printer for 4x6 photographs and would appreciate comments on the best make and model available. The Kodak Easy Share 500 looks like it would fit my needs (unless it's too outdated)both usefulness and price but I am being told by my local camera shop that Canon is the only way to go. I own a HiTi 640PS and have not been happy with the quality of prints so would like to move to another printer.

Both the Kodak 500 and the Canon Compact Photo Printer Selphy CP600have beem reviewed on this sightbutI am unable to make adecision.

Steve, you recommended the Kodak 500 in a post of December 8,2005. Would this still be your recommendation?

Any suggestions?

Haparnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2006, 4:11 PM   #2

I have the same (similar) question. I want a good printer for 4" x 6" where I just plug in my card, crop, and print 4" x 6" borderlest prints.

I just have so much troble using software and multi paper size printers.

obrien040362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2006, 7:34 AM   #3

Hi All,

I have both canon cp-220 and canon selphy ES1 (that I just bought a few days ago).

I was quitehappy about canon cp-220 quality but yet it had some defects: the default color balance has a green/blu dominance and it tends to lose definition on very dark and very light photos. I have always thought thatover allquality was ok but it could have been much better.

Now I also have a canon selphy es1: I had very high expectations because it comes with digic II processor and a 300*600 dpi resolution.

The first printing tests I did were not as good as I thought, firt of all because the software canon gives you are really too way simple and no option of modifying the imageare present (Canon Easy Print). The first prints were too dark and many details got lost but yet I could notice a much better color balance in comparison to cp-220.

After a few other tests I succeed into obtaining good quality printings, even if 300*600 dpiresolution did not show any actual adavantage (especially considering that the printing output is still a 4*6 photo).

I think that you'd better buy a canon cp-600. I think that canon will put out next year a new sephy printer that will be able to print also bigger picture, so maybe waiting could be the best option.

I hope I was clear - sorry for my bad english....

Andrea

bonfireAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:33 AM   #4

My niece has the Easyshare 500. I was impressed enough by it that I bought my mom one for Christmas.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote