Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Jan 30, 2007, 4:52 PM   #1

Hi and firstly i wouls just like to say hi and hope you are all well!

Now my problem is that i have recently brought a mug press and started to print my own mugs. Im using ,as far as im aware, the correct colour managent system with my epson d88 and as far as im aware i have gone through the printing process 100% correct?!?

However every time i print onto my mugs my pictures seem light in places? usually near the handle towards the end of the wrap, however just now i adjusted mypress pressure and more light patches have appeared alse where???

Now I have seen a few people using some kind of heat film/pad between there mug with wwrap attached and the heat pad of the press is this essential or maybe the cause of my light patches? Or am i being really stupid and not heating it for long enough, i use 2 mins at 180c. Or is it due to my press being over tight or not tight enough? When i have printed my picture from my printer am i supposed to let the image rest/ dry for a while before i put it into a heat press??

As you can probably see im absoluty baffled by whats going on and would be so greatfl for any bodys help at all, before i waste any more mugs or pull out my hair! lol

thanks in advance

rob:?:?
websterz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2007, 7:57 AM   #2

THERE ARE TWO THINKS YOU CAN TRY. FIRST YOUR HEAT TEMP. IS TO LOW. IT SHOULD BE 400 DEGREES AT 5 MINS. I ALSO USE A TEFLON SHEET AROUND THE MUG WHEN I PRESS THE MUG. WHAT KIND OF SUBLIMATION INKS ARE YOU USING? WHAT KIND OF PRESS ARE YOU USING?
cooneybear is offline   Reply With Quote