Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:26 PM   #1

Hi,

After working w/ the Epson r380 inkjet photo printer for my (very) small business, i have finally reached the point of explosion. The OEM ink costs a fortune, since the printer HAS TO "pour" loads of ink for each picture. Im fed up with the clogged ink heads, the "off color" 3rd party inks, and virtually everey aspect of inkjet printers. I recently heard of dye sub printers, and they seem like they are right for me. I own a very small photography business (i get about 2k/year), and i would like to get a dye sub printer under 400(- 500)$. It seems from reviews that most dye subs get some dust inside the printer, which cant be cleaned. The main size i want is DEFINITELY 8X10, and 4X6 would be nice (2 per page?). I would like the final cost per 8X10 to be about 2$ in supplies. Is there a dye-sub out there for me?
Arfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2007, 4:28 PM   #2

i toyed with the idea of getting a pro printer myself.

gave up on the idea when i sourced company to do my printing, i have no outlay no ink or paper to buy and i dont pay a lot for the prints, A4 i can get for £1 each and a huge 24x36 for around a 1/3 of the price in town and i can get my stuff next day delivered

if u really want to get a dye sub printer cheap its gotta be ebay, but dye sub inks are very very expensive

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote