Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Sep 23, 2008, 7:58 AM   #1
lcp

I am in the market for a dye sub printer for event photography. I have researched many of them. However, it seems that most of the reviews I read are at least 2 years old. In terms of technology, that is a very long time. I cannot find any current, independent reviews that do not appear to be copy and pasted from another review. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.
lcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2008, 8:02 AM   #2

You don't say what size you print, I used Kodak 1400's for a couple of years. I print 8x10 only at the event. I had a lot of paper feed problems and many jams I switched to a Shinko s1245 last year and love it. I thought the color was good on the KOdak untill I saw the Shinko. With the roll feed I get 8x12 with no trimming(I use the extra 2 inches for my name,event name and photo number). I havent had a miss print or jam in 2 years. It prints an 8x12 in 90 seconds. I work by myself, I can send pictures to the printer, go take more pictures and when I come back prints are ready to go in envelope and hang for sale.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2008, 5:54 PM   #3
lcp

I am sorry. I just want to do 4X6's. My event photography is mostly limited to sports and school functions. Also, I guess I should mention that my budget is limited. I am buying what I can afford now (less than $500) with the full intention of upgrading in a year or two.
lcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:56 PM   #4

Canon's Selphy seems to be a good solution for 4x6 printing.

If you get the Selphy CP770 model, you can even buy the optional battery allowing you to print on the road (without the AC power).
antony is offline   Reply With Quote