Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Dye Sublimation

Old Oct 22, 2008, 5:33 AM   #1

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help?

I'm trying to print mugs using a Mug Heat Transfer press.

I'm using these inks....
"Trucolours For Epson D120 dye printer ink system, five colour continuous ink feed system Trucolours dye based Ciss, complete bulk inking feed supply. "

And this paper
"True Pix high definition sublimation paper"

I've tried various temperatures, times etc. but just can't get the ink to leave the paper and transfer to the mugs, are the products I am using above correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mac

macprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2008, 3:57 PM   #2

Hi MacPrint,

I too have tried my hand at mug printing lately with varying degrees of success. I haven't come across your problem yet but i will tryto help you as i'm looking for some help myself.

First off are you using the specially coated mugs? You cant dye sublimate onto just any mug, it has to have a special coating to receive the ink. Temp is usually around 180c for around 3-5 minutes depending.

The problem i'v had is even though the image comes out perfect on the mug, over time the ink has started to run and fade?? I did a batch of mugs for work with the company logo and now to my embarrassment they're not looking so good 1 month later. There are lots of videos and tutorials on youtube about mug printing and one thing I wasn't doing was cooling the mug straight after pressing, does anyone know is this where i'm going wrong?

Any replies would be appreciated! Thanks, McSub.
McSub is offline   Reply With Quote